Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 1 Games Not Released in the West

1. I'd rep you for Suzuki Bakuhatsu but I gotta spread it around.

Anyway, awesome post. I'd like to check out at least half of those, especially Hermie Hopperhead. I've also been interested in Internal Section for a good while.

I need to spend more time with Gradius Gaiden. I bought it around the time of Gradius V, and never really got to put a good amount of time into it. Always found it weird that it let you rearrange the powerup bar.

There's also the Bemani stuff, take it or leave it. Lots of it is useless these days thanks to later releases. beatmania 6th Mix + Core Remix is the only 5key game I could get into, and that was a long time ago. It might be unbearable to people used to the unreal number of options in recent IIDX releases.

dog$ will bitch, but lots of people seem to love Umihara Kawase Syun. I never got any further than the first boss, myself.

I also hear that the PSX version of DoDonPachi is better than the Saturn one. One of many arcade ports that'd work in this thread, I'm sure.
    Last edited by Tain; 19 May 2008 at 12:00 AM.

Re-arranging the powerup bar in GG can lead to interesting results. I've seen superplays where the player selected the completely invulnurable but short-lived shield as the first item on the list and used it to plow through the majority of enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Shou
    Rolling (Korokoro) Postman - think Cameltry with a postgirl
    I love Cameltry but some reason I couldn't get into this one when I first played it last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tain
    dog$ will bitch, but lots of people seem to love Umihara Kawase Syun. I never got any further than the first boss, myself.
    I only played the PS1 game briefly a while back but I thought the SFC one was quite good.

4. I got that Hokuto No Ken game for my birthday like 8 years ago, I have no idea where it is now, probably ebayed.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Daitokuji View Post
    I would like to play The Adventure of Little Ralph, Suzuki Bakuhatsu, and Panzer Bandit, but locating and not paying a fortune for them would be difficult. Panzer Bandit is going for like 200 dollars on ebay
    Assuming the PSN PS1 roster continues to grow as fast as it has in Japan, it's the cheapest way to get to a lot of cool games. Little Ralph cost me a little over $6. I can deal with that. Also got to play Robbit Mon Dieu, which isn't worth mentioning because it was a crushing letdown compared to the first two JF games.

6. Slap Happy Rhythm Busters would be great if not for unblockable crossups completely ruining the game.

Block Kuzushi 1 & 2 are really fun Arkanoid clones that I still play from time to time.

Marchen Adventure Cotton 100% is just a SNES port, but neither version came out in the US, so I suppose that counts. Awesome game; probably the second best of the series behind Boomerang.

7. Oh yeah, Klaymen Gun Hockey was a weird Klaymen/Skullmonkeys/The Neverhood air hockey game that involved shooting the puck with a gun instead of slapping it with a mallet. Definitely worth checking out if you can find it.

8. Xi Jumbo is a cool game, from what I've seen. I like Bombastic, but I think I prefer the original pre-explosion games, and Jumbo is the better of the two.

9. Little Ralph was a really cool game. It's the first game I thought of when I read the thread title. I highly recommend it to anyone that is interested.

Hey Grave, how did you go about getting hooked up with the Japanese PSN?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    I also hear that the PSX version of DoDonPachi is better than the Saturn one. One of many arcade ports that'd work in this thread, I'm sure.
    Yes, it is. The PSX port is pretty damn faithful in tate (minus the fact that you can only select one ship at a time, from the options menu... and assuming you switch on WAIT, which the game won't save for some stupid reason).
    "with new weapons perceived some disquieting movement"