Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Back into Drawing

1. I find it odd that ironcheeks is asking for drawing advice... just go look at the rule 34 thread. I know you have all that shit on your hd and more so, get inspired and make some furry art.
    Or do what Yeller said.
    Or Chao.
    Especially do what Nemo said.

TNL advice always has this wonderful retarded zen quality.

"I need advice on becoming better at drawing"
    "Keep doing it"
    "yeah, and do more of it"

3. Well, what the fuck? Pick up a pencil and don't post again until you've drawn something.

BC: "I want to get better."
    TNL: "Do more of it."
    BC: "But I don't want to do more of it."
    TNL: "You're probably not going to get better."
    BC: "Why are you fuckers so negative?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Well, what the fuck? Pick up a pencil and don't post again until you've drawn something.

BC: "I want to get better."
    TNL: "Do more of it."
    BC: "But I don't want to do more of it."
    TNL: "You're probably not going to get better."
    BC: "Why are you fuckers so negative?"
    Seriously.

I mean what the fuck do you want us to say?

Practice, buy some books and practice, take some art classes and practice...

You'll get a lot more drawing done if you actually draw instead of talking about it.

There is a picture of a cowboy, I made it for you.

5. Pick up a pencil and don't post again until you've drawn something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post
    Seriously..

I mean what the fuck do you want us to say?
    Did anyone read the first post? The reason I quit was not due to a lack of ability in drawing things I see, but drawing original things.

Not one single person has done anything to give advice on that. I drew things I saw for almost a decade and saw no improvement in drawing original works. So obviously I don't see a connection between the two.

I have no desire to get really good at drawing real things. I don't enjoy that. That is why I stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post
    Practice, buy some books and practice, take some art classes and practice...
    yeah, like in the second or third post in this thread, WHAT BOOKS? The things can cost between 15 to 30 bucks. What is good? What is shit.

7. okay, you say you want to draw original things. what do you mean by that? what is it you want to do? cartoons, anime, gonzo, abstract art, cubism, picasso, gigeresque, what? "original" can mean a lot of things. if you want more specific help, we need more specific info.

(i apologize in advance if this sounds mean or impatient; that's not how i meant it).
    "I am government man, come from the government. The government has sent me."

Have you ever considered that you're just creatively bankrupt?

Take some mushrooms.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

9. I stopped drawing for over two years. IN just this past month I've been doodling and my skill has gone back to what it was 2 years prior.

If you want to draw something original, I think like Cow said you are creatively bankrupt. Its not a rip or anything, but a lot of people are.

BTW ... I will post my art soon.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Quote Originally Posted by gir View Post
    okay, you say you want to draw original things. what do you mean by that? what is it you want to do? cartoons, anime, gonzo, abstract art, cubism, picasso, gigeresque, what? "original" can mean a lot of things. if you want more specific help, we need more specific info.

(i apologize in advance if this sounds mean or impatient; that's not how i meant it).
    anything really. Just getting shit from my head down on paper. Like I'd draw cartoon and game characters all the time. But once, I tried to draw my own character from my head, blam, shit on paper. A robot would come out looking like a hockey playing duck.