Page 15 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes

1. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I enjoyed playing Alex quite a lot when I first started playing SFIII. I like him.

2. Alex is the best. Seconding "JESUS!" love. I just wish I was better with him. Or that he was better in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    They look like old school toys with obvious ball points in the knees and elbows. There's even little textures on them making them look intentional.

Is this gonna be like a gotchapon battle royal or something?
    That's not Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. It's SF Online Mouse Generation, and there are actual Revoltech toy tie-ins, with the whole Revoltech joint thing they have going on there.

3. Oh yeah, this guy was added too.

It's Yatterman's Gan-chan I have no idea who this is or what I just wrote.

More pics of Gan-chan and Alex.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

4. Am I the only one that gives a shit about Batsu?

5. Bats-who?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Makoto! She's a girl in a gi! And... uh, well, that's it, really. Ibuki! She's a female ninja! And... uh, well, that's it, really.
    Er, you can really strip down any Street Fighter character to similarly basic descriptions just as simply.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Er, you can really strip down any Street Fighter character to similarly basic descriptions just as simply.
    The point is that they don't have any hilarious Engrish sayings, interesting character designs, nifty little extras (like Oro's hidden arm), fun animations (Hugo face = greatest thing ever), or even really move in distinctive ways. They're just... there. If I recieved a copy of SFIII with Ibuki missing I wouldn't even notice.

Click for full size
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MechDeus; 01 Jul 2008 at 03:47 PM. Reason: FOR AWESOMENESS

8. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease View Post
    Batsu and Tekkaman confirmed.
    They're killing me with Shoryu-Clones. I mean, really. All the awesome characters they have in RS and they had to go with him. I'd rather have Kyoko, Edge, DAIGO, Demon Hyo, AKIRA......

Oh well, can't win them all.
    Last edited by FX; 01 Jul 2008 at 04:50 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by FX View Post
    They're killing me with Shoryu-Clones. Oh well, can't win them all.
    Dude, seriously. One guy with a fireball and an uppercut, okay. But two, TWO guys with fireballs and uppercuts? Fuck that, enough with the shotokans in this game already.

On the Tatsunoko side, though, I was a little skeptical for a while, but now I really couldn't be happier with the current roster.

When they initially announced Captain Bootsandwhitesuit and Whitesuitandboots Man, they were getting off to a good start. Then they release Batsu and Guyinwhitesuitandboots-sama from Hugibusuafaku Blastoff and I'm like wtf? Why the hell would they include a tertiary character from a c-list piece of garbage like Hugibusuafaku Blastoff? Even worse, Guyinwhitesuitandboots-sama wasn't even in the series, he was only in the second OVA -- Hugibusuafaku Blastoff Gaiden 2 : Janbaraya Tango.

There are plenty of Tatsunoko characters whose recognizability levels rival those of Hello Kitty and Ronaado MikkuDonaado, so where the hell are they? Like uh...oh, I don't know...fucking any of the students from Boots High School? And if Team White Suit from BikkuDikku Daiboken Type S gets relegated to background cameo duty instead of being playable, then I will personally build an exact, functional, and to scale replica of Mechacoon-kun (Mai's mecha from My Mecca) fly it to Capcom HQ, and start imploding taints.

And then, BAM! Today they totally redeemed themselves with the unveiling of Bootie Whitesuit-chan from Can't Descend Suit Loving: The Boots Ma§ter. Fucking awesome. GotY 2008 for sure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Captain Bootsandwhitesuit.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	37827   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Whitesuitandboots Man.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	37828   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guyinwhitesuitandboots-sama.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	37829   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bootie Whitesuit-chan.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	37830  

Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 01 Jul 2008 at 07:47 PM.