Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Chip Tunes

1. Quote Originally Posted by køda View Post
    My favorite chiptune artists are Maktone (of Class, Fairlight, and Superior Art Creations)
    He is my favorite as well. Pure genious.
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

2. Quote Originally Posted by Sqoon View Post
    I've downloaded pretty much everything from the 8bitpeoples site over the past few years and, so far, nothing beats Random. Their first EP rules. http://www.8bitpeoples.com/discography/by/random

Favorite chip tunes band overall: Crystal Castles. It's a mix of chip, dance, and electronica. The two members are assholes and music thieves, but, fuck, their stuff is unbeatable.
    Yea sabrepulse and some others are on a Crystal Castles smear campagne showing how they are flat out ripping off some others.

Saskrotch has a new label coming out soon that will be only for true chiptune stuff done on modified game systems. Hand held heroes is supposed to be the name of it.

I'm trying to finish up a new track here soon. Maybe I'll upload it and get some feed back and then tweek it some more.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Detour View Post
    It's really quite great for making loops.

On a related note, back when we were younger, arjue and I would hook our GB Camera up to our parent's big fuck-off stereo, and let it rip. Some of the high freq's really, really hurt your ears. Good times.
    LOL, that shit was awesome. The sample kick you can trigger with the A button thudded in your chest. You gotta let me borrow your gb+camera+cables and run it through my 750 watt bass amp and effects.

Does my stuff count?

5. I still <3 The Salesman. Have you sold it on a CD yet?
    Last edited by YellerDog; 03 Jun 2008 at 02:26 PM. Reason: once listened to it for like a week straight while animating. i'd pay for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

nah. I give my music away. When I get home internet I'll up a wav file and let you know.

7. Word. Thanks man.

I actually have a LOT of stuff I can give you if you're into it. Most all of it isn't complete, but I'm done with it if that makes sense.

9. Hey, sure! I didn't know those other tracks on the MySpace thread existed up until five minutes ago, either. Robot Army's pretty fucking rad.

10. I went to the opening night of Blip Fest this past fall - it was a great experience.