Page 1 of 39 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: I Have Been Playing WoW and I Hate Myself

1. I Have Been Playing WoW and I Hate Myself

I started playing WoW again at the behest of some coworkers at my new job. Started this in early April which would explain why you haven't seen much of me. I know its a bad thing, I know it is sucking away my life and making me miss some of the great experiences in gaming. But I love it. Is this wrong, and if so how do I stop?

2. Man, that's why I'll never touch this game.

3. Its actually a damn good game, just too absorbing.

4. Yeah. I was back on the train for four or five months... fortunately, I got bored again and was able to justify selling my second account. Gearing up for raids is just more work than it's worth, and all of your progress is just going to be made void again in November when the expansion rolls around.

It's just a huge timesink and the rewards are fleeting. No matter how awesome your gear is, or how far you progress, Blizzard will make sure your character becomes obsolete.

Good luck.

5. I don't see why people get so addicted to this thing. I played for like 2-3 months at the urging of some friends who were hardcore into it, made it to somewhere around level 30 and quit because the gameplay was fucking boring and repetitive.

If the social experience is what's dragging you back in time and again, tell everyone to sell off their WOW shit and get on Xbox Live. At least then, you can play some good games while you chat it up.

6. do you have a sexual attraction to an elf mage

7. Watching numbers get incrementally higher is great fun. I can not blame you for this decision.

8. Help me want to play GTAIV.

Rent it and play it for a week, then give it back. It's probably the best idea.

I haven't rented in so long, I'm so happy I rented GTAIV. First, it really put pressure on me to play it to get my money out of it before it had to go back, and second once I finished it I got to give it back instead of mindlessly not have any fun trying to accomplish stupid achievements.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

10. I've not played either, but here is how I know GTAIV is a better Intendo tape than WoW:

Rich people pay poor people to play WoW for them. Other activities that rich people tend to relegate to the poor include cleaning their pools, scraping fecal matter from the anuses of their spawn, and lifting all kinds of heavy shit like buckets of potatoes in the sun.

I've not known anyone to consider the responsibility of playing GTAIV so laborious and burdensome as to pay a lesser human being to relieve them of it. So it is probably a better experience.