Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MoCCA Art Festival 2008

1. MoCCA Art Festival 2008

http://www.moccany.org/artfest-main.html

I want to go to this. It just happens to be during the TNL meetup. Anyone else up for it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	postersmall.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	35740  

2. That might be very cool. I'd be interested.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. I know Rama is coming to the TNL meetup because of this. He already posted the link in the TNL NYC meetup.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

4. Oh shit, that's awesome....

might have to hop a bus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. there will be a few publishers attending as well. if you're into comics or wanna make comics or whatever, i suggest you bring some of your work to show around.

6. I was invited to MoCCA once a few years ago by TokyoPop when I entered their Rising Stars of Manga contest. I remember MoCCA being somewhat out of the way and kind of pain in the ass to get to.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. what I would give to hop a plane to NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I was invited to MoCCA once a few years ago by TokyoPop when I entered their Rising Stars of Manga contest. I remember MoCCA being somewhat out of the way and kind of pain in the ass to get to.
    Do you still do anything like that? Also: link up the old one, sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Well, here's the story. I found out about the deadline about a month beforehand. I don't know why, but I got super-ambitious and decided to go for it anyway. Not a good idea when you normally draw very slowly. So, I sat up late every night penciling, brought pages to work with me to ink in my spare time and during lunch, and just barely made the deadline. Needless to say, such rushing caused my art to suffer greatly…a bigger shame was that I had written a really good story. So good, in fact that the TokyoPop guys I met with told me that they all loved it and I probably would have won had my art matched the writing (admittedly, the art did suck). I thought about redrawing the story for another shot, but they told me you can't submit the same story twice, so I had to come up with something new.

Anyway, killing myself to make the deadline, I was kinda mentally burnt out and stopped drawing for a little while. Then I took it up again, but mostly worked on individual pieces as opposed to stories. A few RSOM contests came and went, and I finally sat down and wrote a new story, one that I'm really happy with. I've also sketched out a bunch of character designs. Now all I have to do is draw it. I have plenty of time this time to make sure the art is as good as I can make it.

If I get a chance, I'll scan and post the original entry, but I'm leery of doing so as I really am embarrassed at how bad the art is.