Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Burn After Reading

1. Burn After Reading

John Malkovich plays Ozzie Cox, a CIA vet who is fired because he is an alcoholic. He takes his revenge by writing some inflammatory memoirs. Cox's soon-to-be ex-wife Katie (Tilda Swinton) steals the disc containing his memoirs and accidentally leaves it at the gym where it is found by a trainer Chad Feldheimer (Brad Pitt) and the gym's owner Linda Litzke (Frances McDormand) who believe they can use the info to blackmail Cox.[4]

Harry Pfarrer (George Clooney) is an oversexed, fanatically fit, lactose-intolerant federal marshall, who is sleeping with Cox's wife. He meets Linda via an online dating service and gets entangled in the blackmail scheme, when he stumbles across Chad breaking into his and Katie's house.

I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. Oh I can't wait. Looks hilarious, plus the cast is amazing (per usual with the Coen's).
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

3. Oh awesome.

This is more like it.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 30 May 2008 at 04:43 PM. Reason: No Country is GOOD, but it's not the best Cohen Bros IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. This looks great. Pitt's character in particular.
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

5. I certainly hope this more Lebowski/Raising Arizona and not Ladykillers/Intolerable Cruelty.

Not super pumped from the trailer though, everyone seems a bit too wacky.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Clash! View Post
    I certainly hope this more Lebowski/Raising Arizona and not Ladykillers/Intolerable Cruelty.

Not super pumped from the trailer though, everyone seems a bit too wacky.
    Intolerable Cruelty is much better than it gets credit for. I still watch it from time to time and it always makes me chuckle.

I pretty much like everything the Coens do, though Ladykillers was a little disappointing. This looks funny, I'm sure I'll love it. Good cast, trailer makes it look good, I'll be there. September's still a long way away, alas.

I might be a little more excited for Hail Caesar, though.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 02 Jun 2008 at 09:09 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Intolerable Cruelty is much better than it gets credit for. I still watch it from time to time and it always makes me chuckle.
    Glad I'm not the only one, I never understood the hate this movie gets. It's not the best Coen brothers film, but I still really enjoyed it
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

8. Out today. I'll be seeing it tomorrow, probably.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

I ought to be seeing it tonight
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

10. Probably gonna be next weekend for me.