Page 1 of 11 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: New Members Making Threads

1. New Members Making Threads

Remember the old "no making threads until you have 10 posts" thing.

That was awesome. We should do that again.

I'd like to see that limit double and also have the trade depot work like fight club. You should have been here a while and contributed before you can shill your shit.

3. Some threads started by veteran posters are worthless, too.

Thanks for that breaking news.

5. it's not gonna happen without a major restructuring of the way the member system works in this new vbulletin

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'd like to see that limit double and also have the trade depot work like fight club. You should have been here a while and contributed before you can shill your shit.
    This is also a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    it's not gonna happen without a major restructuring of the way the member system works in this new vbulletin
    Well shit.

7. We better do something, due to the rash of spam threads and shit.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

We're going to start selling new accounts in the TNL store.

jk
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

9. Actually, I might start charging a buck per registration. It's a negligible fee, but the overwhelming majority of registrations this year didn't go anywhere good. They were either spammers, trollers, no-shows, or fizzled out fast. The first two don't provide enough entertainment to justify all the hassle they put the moderation staff through, and the last two don't add enough for me to really worry about their contributions.

The way things have been going, charging people to register would probably net TNL about five dollars a month.

I don't know if that would totally cut off potential foreign members, though. We get users from all over the civilized world and I don't want to screw with that. But PayPal can take care of that, right?