Thread: YouTube trouble

1. YouTube trouble

Ok, why am I having such a hard time with this? My computer at work recently decided that youtube will no longer run on it. It was honestly working last week and today it's all "No I will not!" When I click on a video to watch, it says:

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

I have the latest Flash player. I also Googled this message and followed the instructions on setting my internet options to allow Javascript blah blah blah.

I know this is totally riduculous that I cannot solve this problem, but I never claimed to know what I'm doing on a computer. So I turn to you kids who probably know way better than I do.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

2. does your job have a proxy or monitoring system for internet usage? if so its probably getting blocked by that

3. Nopers. I'm the manager here, and it's a little store. I don't block sites or anything like that.

4. Have you actually gone to Adobe and try to install the latest version of Flash?

5. Firefox seems to gack itself once in a while, maybe reinstall?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Don't show any nipple or youtube will pull your videos. I bet that's the problem.

7. do other sites that use flash work

8. I work with Anne, so I can answer a few of these questions.

We don't use Firefox, just plain old IE. All other websites work, just not youtube. We've installed the latest flash player a couple of times with no luck, even restarted the comp and all that. We can view embedded vids, just not ones on the site itself.

9. lol what the hell

I guess you could try futzing with the security zones for that site, maybe somehow it got set to deny object tags or something

edit: I was able to reproduce videos embedding right but not on youtube.com, if the attached image shows up in ie's status bar area when you're on youtube, you somehow added it to the blocked sites list; to remove it open Internet Options, click the Security tab, highlight "Restricted Sites", hit the Sites button and delete it out of that list

if that's not what's happening, then I have no idea
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by cka; 07 Jun 2008 at 03:57 AM.

10. Sorry, Ive been away from the computer for a few days.

Ok, we have no restricted sites, and no, we don't get that image.

We use IE 6 at work, which someone told me might have something to do with it.

Dag yo. Thanks for the help anyway.