Thread: Help me build a computer!

1. I'd imagine having to open that door every time you need to insert a disc would be annoying after a while.

2. I never use a disc that isn't the OS disc.

Tommy Tallarico

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    I'd imagine having to open that door every time you need to insert a disc would be annoying after a while.
    Seriously?

You imagine wrong.

If you think it's uggo, get the case I got, the Antec P180B.
    Last edited by Mykozo; 07 Jun 2008 at 08:21 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mykozo View Post
    Seriously?

You imagine wrong.

If you think it's uggo, get the case I got, the Antec P180B.
    I considered your case when I was getting my stuff, but again the door is a dealbreaker for me. It is a nice streamlined case though.

5. Yeah, the Antec P180 was actually my first pick but with power supply that adds quite a bit to the total price. Also not a fan of the door shit.

6. OK GUYS I PULLED THE TRIGGER

Wound up getting some OCZ 2GB RAM that was $22.99 after rebate, and got that XFX 8800GT that's on slickdeals for $125 after rebate. Total will be $755 AR. Not too bad imo.

7. wish i saw this earlier. im always against pack-in power supplies. it's the one part not to skimp on.

8. Yeah, I realize that. But is an 500W Antec Earthwatts really bad?

9. i don't trust anything "green" as far as psu's and hdd's are concerned. for all intents and purposes you should be fine but remember it's not the wattage, it's the rails that are important and since the 6800 days a rock solid psu has been more and more important regardless of overclocking or not.