Page 1 of 10 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleep Aids

1. Sleep Aids

Lately I've been doing a lot better about not drinking at all on certain days, but for me that leads to next to no sleep.
    I've tried Benedryl, something comparable to that, and Dramamine, and none of them even made me tired. I used to use Dramamine on the car ride to VA Beach and it would put me out like a pint of Jack. None of these have done ANYTHING, literally, when actually trying to go to sleep.
    Last night I tried MidNite (http://www.midnitesleep.com/), and besides getting jolted awake and finally sleeping for a few hours, it essentially did not work.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for a good sleep aid? I want to stop drinking completely during the week and maybe only have a couple on the weekends, as the new job will entail being awake and ready where my other jobs have not. I got MidNite because it was the only one at Wegmans that contained Melatonin, which my amnesiac friend told me was the only thing that could get him to sleep.
    If anyone knows a good solution outside of Ambien (which is fantastic and yet I can't get because it's perscription), please, I'm all ears.

2. Try not to take anything to induce sleep. Work out, read, play games, poop, jerk off, BJs, whatever that will get you tired so you can sleep naturally. Sleeping pills are poison.

3. I have had this problem since I was 6 years old. I literally will lay in bed for nearly 2 hours before I can actually sleep, and then I just wake up randomly during the night. A couple shots and I'm out, an Ambien and I'm done, but none of these sleep aid things seem to work. And I will not be able to function on a night shift at a warehouse on that kind of sleep.

4. Your problem is you can't convince your brain to stop thinking about all the little shit that bothers you.

Clear your mind

5. While I agree with what you say, if it were that easy for me it would have been done before it started depraving me of sleep in junior high.

I guess a lot of little shit bothers me.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    I have had this problem since I was 6 years old. I literally will lay in bed for nearly 2 hours before I can actually sleep, and then I just wake up randomly during the night. A couple shots and I'm out, an Ambien and I'm done, but none of these sleep aid things seem to work. And I will not be able to function on a night shift at a warehouse on that kind of sleep.
    I've had the same problem for 30+ years. No solutions, besides the aforementioned few beers, etc...

I've tried OTC stuff and all the things that had warnings about drowsiness never had any effect on me.

For me, it's either a few brewski's or 3 hours of sleep a night. I'll take the beer and the 6.

7. You can get AIDS while sleeping now?
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

8. Print out an IGN review, you'll be asleep by page two.

9. Stop doing that shit in bed. If you need to think, or start thinking too much, get out of bed and do it elsewhere. Beds are for sleeping, not thinking. Stopping the habit might help you just ease into a normal sleep pattern. I used to do that a lot, and I find that if I really can't stop thinking, I'll go sit on the couch until I'm exhausted. Once I make it back to bed, I fall asleep without the constant brain chatter.

10. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    I've had the same problem for 30+ years. No solutions, besides the aforementioned few beers, etc...

For me, it's either a few brewski's or 3 hours of sleep a night. I'll take the beer and the 6.
    That's both disturbing and confirming at the same time.

I'm trying to get to the point where I'm not drinking at all, if not for a few drinks on the weekends while hanging out with people. So while I know a couple beers or a shot or two will help me sleep, I don't want to rely on them. I also don't want to have to rely on sleep aids.
    Then again, I don't want to be a failure at my job because I'm falling asleep while working.