Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Thread

1. I liked the fight scenes!

2. You would. Hooker.

3. You have questionable taste!

4. So you're saying this is a bad comic?

5. Hopeless flirt, you.

6. I enjoyed the comic, I just thought his art wasn't up to conveying everything he wanted to as well as it should've been. It happens.

I am greatly looking forward to volume 6!

7. so, volume 6 is out today. i just picked it up. gonna read it now.

8. OMG Unreliable Flashback!

Managed to get a copy today! I really like it! Time to re-read the whole series start to finish, I think.

http://www.radiomaru.com/ is the author's site, he's got a neat bit about how he got better at using word balloons to guide the eye through the page over the course of the series, I appreciate seeing stuff like that.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 20 Jul 2010 at 09:13 PM.

9. Read it, enjoyed it greatly. Of course throughout the series the actual ridiculous plot had begun to take a backseat to the relationship drama that was taking place, so much so that by this last volume it was obvious that all the crazy supernatural shit was metaphorical about maturity and relationships.

I will admit that as of the first reading the characterization of Gideon may have been a little weak and his motivations/reasoning/logic behind "the glow" was almost as ambiguous as the mystery itself, but maybe after reading it again it'll become a more clear metaphor for something else. Gideon is pretty much a foil for Scott and the closest thing to what he would have been as an evil Ex. He's what it's like when you just can't get over someone but can't remember what the actual relationship was like anymore. So of course since Scott is well on that path at the beginning of the book, you can't help but wonder if all his exploits before and back in High School were just augmented memories, formed by his denial/immaturity.

All in all, a good ending! But still not enough Wallace.

10. read and liked. a fitting ending.

omg i'm soooo glad he went to visit kim. i missed kim so much!

AND!

sooo much kissing! at first with knives it was like "whaoh, dude, what are you doing!?" then with kim i was just confused...then shadow scott appeared and it made some sense. and the stephen stills surprise ending was very nice. didn't see it comming at all.

the tones were done very nicely. the background kinda threw me, though. i know he had background help on this volume but maybe they were a liiiittle too detailed. whatever. great book.