Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Thread

1. it looks like that on mine too. sometimes it makes those eyes though.
    Donk

2. i think it does that on other computers
    Donk

3. I read the sample of the first book. When, uh. When does this turn not gay? It reminds me of Megatokyo.

4. It turns into River City Ransom! Then Space Channel 5. Then River City Ransom again!

http://www.scottpilgrim.com/index.php?id=previews

Try the "Free Comic Book Day" issue for a start-to-finish story. If you don't like that, it is probably not a book for you!
    Last edited by YellerDog; 05 Feb 2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: what? fuck you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. i feel like the free comic book day stories don't give you a good idea of the great pacing in the series. it's kinda...not good in such small dosses. to me, anyway. also, i read v5 last night and !OH MY GOD!

shit. i guess we'll see volume 6 in TWENTY TEN!?

6. Argh I know! I feel like the others came out a lot faster? Oh well, considering the gimmicks on the last two volumes, maybe it's a DOUBLE SIZED CONCLUSION.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. yummy dummy!

+

talk about video game refferences?! KAY-OOOHH! this looks a lot more fun that i thought it would. cera being kind of a wuss makes it all seem funnier.

8. Got to read Volumes 1 - 5 a few days ago. And then I read them again and again and again and again. Really good stuff. Can't wait for 6 and the movie now.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

SHIT that preview looks R A D
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. Just read volumes 1-5 last night. I enjoyed them, but the art style did not fit all the aspects that were in the course of the story. In particular most of the videogame stuff and fighting scenes didn't look right; while I like the art I just don't think he's very good at action scenes. The fights were all done poorly, there was no impact to them and even the sheer over-the-top nature of people suddenly doing mid-air combos or going impossible speeds just fell totally flat. But I liked everything that was just about the people! Thankfully, that's most of the comic.

I think I'm way more excited for the movie now because it looks to create a much more seamless stylized look that makes the crazy stuff actually that. Though I do have a feeling I'll wish it's longer than whatever it is just to have more of the comic crammed in there.