Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Thread

1. Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Thread

I feel like talking about Scott Pilgrim.

I've been meaning to read this series for a while and picked up the first book on a whim. Very fun. It does a very good job of making a ton of nerdy jokes without making them the purpose of the story. I can't believe O'Malley was able to take so much "normal" life and mix it with outlandish scenes and have it come through without being incoherent. Goes from "So, I have no job and play in a rock band and feel kinda sorry for myself" to "FIGHTING SUPERPOWERS FRIENDSHIP AND COURAGE AND STUFF" and my mind said, "Oh, okay." Alas, now's time to find the others.

Hey! Coins!

2. Scott Pilgrim is great!

I love that it basically takes place in River City Ransom.

Go track down the one-off stories from Free Comic Book Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Oh, shit, I had no idea.

I'd bug my local comic book stores, but all they care about are Magic and superheroes. Time to check the 'net!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post

5. i'm patiently awaiting volume 5. i've been reading the series since it started and i love every book. like chaofnee, i appreciate the references never being heavy handed. his art has really rounded out since the first book, though. everything was kind of sketchy since i guess he was getting used to drawing everyone...now it's all stream lines and slick. he's gonna be at small press expo in 2 weeks with some posters and random goodies.

like this poster i've been trying to get what seems like forever!

and i don't know if anyones been keeping tabs on the movie development, but michael cera and that girl that played bruce willis' daughter in the latest die hard are gonna be playing scott and ramona. i hope it all turns out well.

6. volume 5 drops this wednesday and i can't wait! also, the full cast has been revealed for the movie adaptation.

got the image off the creators flickr. i couldn't find a full list of names of the cast members, though. i think it's awesome that "superman" is gonna play one of the evil ex-boyfriends.

7. Horray Scott Pilgrim! I've got my pre-order for Volume Five tucked under the plastic covering of my Wacom tablet!

I hear it's gonna have a hologram cover!

8. Better not! Kid from Juno better be picking up a 1UP shaped like his head!

9. SEX BOB-OMB OR GTFO