Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Soccer Discussion Thread

1. Portugal deserved to lose considering how badly they defended the Germans on set plays.

I've played on middle school teams that could defend set plays better than Portugal did today.

2. holy shit! croatia turkey goes to extra time. in the 119th minute Croatia scores to take the lead. 120th minute (extra time) Turkey ties it. Unreal. Penalty shots now.

And Croatias goalie suddenly can't stop a shot, Turkey advance.
    Last edited by Error; 20 Jun 2008 at 05:31 PM.

3. Amazing finish (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) to that game today

The ref literally had his whistle in his mouth, ready to call time when the game-tying goal was shot.

Sucks to be Croatia.

4. I got home in time to see the shootout. 119th and 120th goals...insane.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

5. That was a ridiculous ending to the Turkey vs. Croatia game. Netherlands will beat Russia.

6. Quote Originally Posted by aren View Post
    Netherlands will beat Russia.
    O RLY?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9294c482806943216a73fcb0e018e7fd-getty-fbl-euro-2008-ned-rus-match_27.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	309.9 KB 
ID:	37122  

7. Hey why don't they skip the game and go straight to PKs? Every score I see is like 1-1 F/PK...

I say this because it would free up some time for other sports on ESPN like cutting or balancing on logs...but in all seriousness, the fact it happens so often is reason enough to believe that any game will go to a tie.

Seattle's getting an MLS team, though...I kind of hope they win and all, but it's like the Storm winning the WNBA title, if not worse
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 21 Jun 2008 at 06:57 PM.

8. Russia won 3-1 in extra time.

9. Xbox 360 I

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Seattle's getting an MLS team, though...I kind of hope they win and all, but it's like the Storm winning the WNBA title, if not worse
    I'm actually kinda stoked about the team and will definitely be looking to attend Opening Day. I'd love it if soccer would replace hockey in terms of popularity here in the US.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

10. Go !