Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 50606263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Soccer Discussion Thread

1. I don't give much of a chit about soccer, but I absolutely love this story. Nothing in American sports compares to this.

Apparently the US and Mexico are working on a joint bid for the 2026 World Cup. That would be awesome, because my daughter graduates from high school that year, and it would make an awesome graduation present.

3. The US and Mexico should have the 2018 World Cup, really.

Yes

Here's to equal pay for equal performance. I'll bet we have some high school boys who should be making what the USWNT makes too.

6. lol NOPE

7. Competition is important for everybody but we need to stop pretending that women sports is as quality a product. People don't watch women's sports not because they are sexist but because it's not as good.

8. So England choked away a win in their Euro 2016 premier today. They couldn't do anything except shoot at the goalie, so I'm not surprised.

That was pretty amazing. I spent 90% of that game rooting against Russia, but England deserved to lose the two points at the end.

I also loved seeing Abby Wambach do the pregame. I guess DUI is ok with ESPN, but they draw the line at politically incorrect tweets, since those are dangerous.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    So England choked away a win in their Euro 2016 premier today. They couldn't do anything except shoot at the goalie, so I'm not surprised.
    They are the Jets of international soccer.