Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 52626465666768 LastLast

Thread: Official Soccer Discussion Thread

Holy shit was today not Ronaldo's day. He scored an offside goal and missed a penalty late in the game. I can't decide if he should be applauded or chastised for allowing some idiot who ran onto the field to take a selfie with him.

2. Chastised. Always chastised when it comes to that douche.

The Mets' offense is putrid. I want my time watching that shit back. At least Mexico is getting drilled.

edit: And Chile scores again. The final line in this one might register on the Scoville Scale.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 18 Jun 2016 at 11:23 PM.

4. So the US got smoked like a cigar yesterday. Not even a shot on goal.

5. 3 goals better than Mexico ;p

Against a better team too.

Klinsmann's lineup choices to replace the suspended guys were terrible.

I saw someone hypothesize that Wondolowski must have pictures for him to even be on the roster. Giving him a start against Argentina must mean it's a sex tape. Not only did he do nothing in the final third, but he basically handed Messi a goal with a lazy turnover and then a frustration foul that created the free kick Messi buried. Pulisic was better in every way after the halftime sub.

The fact that Beckerman was the next guy subbed doesn't speak well of the choice to start him, though there were less options at midfield.

How did Canada do again? They can't even get a team into the NHL playoffs, let alone major soccer tourneys.

edit: Messi is definitely having a better day than Ronaldo.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 22 Jun 2016 at 01:17 PM.

7. US Soccer sucks, I am surprised they get as far as they did.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Against a better team too.

Klinsmann's lineup choices to replace the suspended guys were terrible.

I saw someone hypothesize that Wondolowski must have pictures for him to even be on the roster. Giving him a start against Argentina must mean it's a sex tape. Not only did he do nothing in the final third, but he basically handed Messi a goal with a lazy turnover and then a frustration foul that created the free kick Messi buried. Pulisic was better in every way after the halftime sub.

The fact that Beckerman was the next guy subbed doesn't speak well of the choice to start him, though there were less options at midfield.

How did Canada do again? They can't even get a team into the NHL playoffs, let alone major soccer tourneys.

edit: Messi is definitely having a better day than Ronaldo.
    Canada's doing just fine, they know better than to try and beat Messi.

9. Not sure what it will take for USMNT to take the leap from being a middling team ranked in the 15-20 range.

10. England are the Atlanta Hawks of world soccer