Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2636383940

Thread: The Big News (TNL is black. And this time... it's personal)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K View Post
    Unsurprisingly though, I would be interested in contributing to this. Writing as a profession (ha) is an idea I've always toyed with but because of how competitive the industry is, how poorly paid (if paid at all) it tends to be, and a general lack of experience on my part--I've never been able to commit to the whole idea. But anyway, I was thinking of picking up a few freelancing gigs and see how the whole things pans out and find out whether or not I'll be eaten alive and left a shallow husk of my former self.

The problem with writing on TNL is that I don't really follow video games anymore.
    In the same boat, here. The main problem with me even attempting to contribute is that I don't really know dick about games, just movies. And movies don't exactly faull under the website umbrella-ella-ella.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX View Post
    In the same boat, here. The main problem with me even attempting to contribute is that I don't really know dick about games, just movies. And movies don't exactly faull under the website umbrella-ella-ella.
    perhaps not right now, but I've already got some nifty ideas rattling around for v5 (despite the fact that v4 hasn't even launched yet) which include* basically aping Gamespot's union/community blog system

* includes, but may not see light of day - depends on time, community/administration want, and idea implementation difficulty, among other factors so don't hold your breath for it

3. Can 4.0 be blue? It's not TNL if it's not classic blue.

4. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    Can 4.0 be blue? It's not TNL if it's not classic blue.
    It's blue, but not the same shade. It's a pretty drastically different look, though, so don't expect much sentimentality in the design.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I really haven't =[ Just two characters ever, pally and priest.

If anyone's been looking at my Facebook you've probably noticed the achievement storm blowing through. I've been getting back into console games in a big way recently =3
    Crissaegrim is like level 50, right?

Shit I have two 70s and a 64, so I can't say shit.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

6. Hooray!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	returnedtv.gif 
Views:	304 
Size:	253.5 KB 
ID:	38194  
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

7. oh shit.

Click for full size

8. I do not like the Hardcore Gamer partnership...

9. I read some of the reviews and like the fact that it's still keeping brief, personal, and insightful. I don't need to know every nuance of a game before I play it - that's why I play games in the first place. But getting an entertaining rundown of what someone else felt while playing? That's a bit more fun than a mechanical breakdown of a game. Reading a review like that feels like homework.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    I don't need to know every nuance of a game before I play it - that's why I play games in the first place.
    Coming from someone who likes Zelda games, this is hilarious