Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky Gunner.....genius

zidane747 Guest

Sky Gunner.....genius

I was just playing the new OPM demo DVD, and after checking out Aggressive Inline(pretty good game), I was surprised to see SG on there. Suffice it to say, this game is marvelous. The controls are great(I don't see what everyone was complaining about), the graphics are beautiful, and the gameplay is addicting as hell. I've played the demo at least 25 times so far, and I never get tired of destroying the Tow Cable ships, or fighting countless enemies. And to my disbelief, the story actually seems good(albeit simple and cliched, at least in the demo), which was a bonus, and the ability to skip entire story scenes is a great thing after the first time you see them. While I do wish you had missles as well as guns(please Atlus,please), the gameplay overall is superb.

To those who've played the demo; what do you think of it?

I like Sky Gunner.

Good game.

Reminds me of Treasure's games.

zidane747 Guest
    Originally posted by NeoZeedeater

Reminds me of Treasure's games.

Yeah, you're right, I thought the same thing. It just has that "charm" to it that certain Treasure games have.

4. I already have the full game.

If one level is making your day, you will die upon playing the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

zidane747 Guest
    Originally posted by Hero
    I already have the full game.

If one level is making your day, you will die upon playing the whole thing.

You,sir,are my "Hero"

6. I have the demo, and I like it, even if the controls are a bit goofy. Easy to handle, and in no way hindering, just goofy. I'll be getting it, but after Eternal Darkness, WarCraft 3, and a few Dreamcast imports. Besides, Atlus has done nothing but Ass, and I'm wary about anything that bares their name. This seems safe, though. And the style is amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

7. Originally posted by zidane747

You,sir,are my "Hero"
    How long have you been waiting to say that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

I wouldn't judge something by the Atlus name, Captain. Most Atlus games, including Sky Gunner, weren't developed by them.

zidane747 Guest
    Originally posted by Captain Vegetable

How long have you been waiting to say that?

Ages man......ages ^_^

10. I need to play it some more. I've been watching the game and I expected to absolutely love it, but instead I just kinda liked it. Something about the openness of it and the lack of a flow. I think I wanted it to be a rail shooter. I hate having to fly in toward something and then turn around to give myself space, and then fly back... I wanted a constant stream of stoff to shoot... It could just be that it wasn't how I wanted it to be, and I intednd to give it another shot, by my first impression was one of disappointment.