Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: $84 million in pot seized by 5-0

The government makes more money off pot now than they would if they legalized it [/tinfoil hat]

2. How so? Just curious.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

3. Property seizure. But they only think they're making more money that way. It's hard to give up a sure thing (property seizure) for pie in the sky money (taxes earnt from legal herb).

4. How exactly do they make money off of a property seizure, fines?
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

They sell the drugs to the black man to keep him down.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    How exactly do they make money off of a property seizure, fines?
    You're kidding right?

Drug dealer gets busted. Everyfuckingthing he owns is taken away and sold by the governement. Money is made, bigtime.

On April 24th 27 houses were raided and at least 19 houses worth over a half a million dollars each were seized by local authorities. That's one day. Google it. Something like Seattle + marijuana + bust ought to do the trick. These idiots had cars, boats, businesses, bank accounts etc. All seized by the authorities.

7. But at the same time it costs them money to have to deal with these cases and manpower that they could use elsewhere. I doubt they make much more money off that than they would taxes.

8. That's what I said. And I also said it's hard to give up a sure thing for a promise. Read man!

It also costs a metric shit to house all the prisoners who were caught on grounds of drug dealing and carrying. Regardless of how much money property seizures take in, it still costs a whole lot to do all of the labor and paperwork. I don't think many people who go into jail come out a better person; usually just more pissed off, less marketable for jobs, and a better criminal.

However, if it was legalized, would it also be legal to grow? If there was no stigma against pot like there is now, anyone with the desire could grow it. I don't think it requires nearly as much effort to process as say tobacco into cigarettes. Doesn't it grow pretty much anywhere?

10. It is a weed. It grows everywhere except in extremely cold conditions like the Arctic, etc.