Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Me TNL

Help Me TNL

Do any of you use statistics in any way at your job. If so would you be up for answering five questions via email or pm?

I'm trying to help Rebecca with her homework.

2. wouldn't it make more sense to post them publicly?

3. Yah, post them. I don't use much stats but I have taken a few courses.

The first question: do you use statistics in your job. If no, none of the other questions apply to you. I'm not asking anyone to do her homework for her, whats the point of that?

5. I do, but I'm leaving for the day. You can email me or txt me the questions (i'll pm you the info)

6. i do nothing but look at baseball statistics when i'm at my job

I don't think that counts.

8. I should rephrase, I do use some probability in my work (Normal distributions, etc in Black-Scholes formula for stock prices volatility). If that satisfy Rebecca's requirement, send me a pm.

9. I might be able to help, have taken a few more advanced classes in the field, but KOF seems to be the better option.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

I got the impression that she needs to ask a survey of people who use statistics, not ask people who know about statistics how to answer statistics problems. I may be wrong.

I used to work in an actuarial firm, I have some friends who still do that that you could probably talk to. KoF also works in such a firm. They use stats, though I'm not quite sure what you need here. They use pretty specific actuarial stats.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.