Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jing and Skitch: Easy Screenshot Software

1. Jing and Skitch: Easy Screenshot Software

Skitch for Mac OS X

Jing for Mac OS X and Windows

I found out about Skitch a while ago and just noticed Jing in the article I linked to in the Firefox 3 thread. Skitch has served me well (outside of a few technical problems) as a replacement for Apple's screencap shortcuts. Whatever you grab, you can make quick edits on and upload directly to your server account on Skitch and link directly to it. For free. Good stuff.

Along comes this Jing. Sure, it does screenshots, but seems to lack the quick and painless uploading and sharing options. HOWEVER, it can take a screenvideo instead. Highlight the area you want to record and it goes until commanded to stop. I'm waiting on using this, as I've heard nothing about it and don't want to waste resources on something I might not even use when I'm this Skitched in my ways to begin with.

Any fans on either end?

Jing sounds like its useful for capturing videos of camgirls. Someone tell elkino.

3. Never heard of it till now but that seems neat for like sigs and what not. For us lazy non talented folks. Too bad it's for mac ;(
    Send me your email if you have Real ID or your BattleTag I'm always online playing Blizzard games.

4. Jing is for Windows and does the same thing. The webposting isn't as extensive is all.

5. I'll have to check it out. Maybe it can help me with making a better avatar.
    Send me your email if you have Real ID or your BattleTag I'm always online playing Blizzard games.

Quote Originally Posted by EightBitShik View Post
    Never heard of it till now but that seems neat for like sigs and what not. For us lazy non talented folks. Too bad it's for mac ;(
    print screen, open ms paint, ctrl-v, select the part you want with the crazy little dashed line box thing, ctrl-c, ctrl-n, ctrl-v, ctrl-s, upload to INTERNETS

HOLY SHIT YOU CAN DO IT NOW!
    Last edited by Josh; 16 Jun 2008 at 03:48 AM. Reason: suck dicks

7. whoa fuck that! too much work. plus I don't even have a cntrl button or an ctrn-n

Kill yourself.

9. Quote Originally Posted by EightBitShik View Post
    whoa fuck that! too much work. plus I don't even have a cntrl button or an ctrn-n
    yes you do. every keyboard does.

Ctrl is in the bottom left.

Ctrl-n means to press Ctrl and N.

dumbass.
    Last edited by Dyne; 16 Jun 2008 at 09:12 AM.

10. This thread is awesome now!