Thread: SoulTaker

1. SoulTaker

I just finished the first volume of SoulTaker and I'm wondering why I've never really heard anything about it. Every fight scene was crazy and the designs for the bad guys were awesome. It sorta reminds me of Karas with less bullshit (both made by Tatsunoko Pro) Has anyone seen all of this? If it stays at this level of art design, animation and action I'll be really impressed.

fight in first episode (ignore nasty dub)

Oh, it has a theme song by JAM Project

lol at the very expressive singing

2. Watched this when it was first released years ago. The animation and fighting stay the same if I recall correctly. The intro song by JAM Project is great. You should enjoy it. I have yet to see Karas though.

3. I saw this way back when also, but I feel like the first major bad guy (the doctor) was the best the show had to offer.

The last few episodes suffer from some typical anime pitfalls, like when a show starts strong with a good plot but gets way too convoluted/nonsensical by the end. I liked it overall though, especially "LIGHTENING....BREAKAAHHHHHH!"

4. TrialSword is correct in that the story does get nonsensical by the end. Also as TrialSword says, it is likable overall. Keep watching.

5. I loved SoulTaker when I saw it. I wasn't 100% into the story, but I really dug the art style it had going on. I remember that my roommate at the time hated it for that very same reason (the style).
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.