Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IE7 and RSS Feeds

1. IE7 and RSS Feeds

At work, I have to use Firefox in order to see our distributors' inventories. I have learned that Firefox has live RSS feeds where they refresh every so often and when you click on the RSS button, you'll see a list of new feeds. For example, I subscribed to BBC news and I have a huge list on Firefox showing me what the top stories are.

On IE7, while I can use RSS feeds, they only work when I'm on the site I'm subscribed to. It's obnoxious to still have to go to the site when all I want to see is a quick list of news stories.

Is there a way to make IE7 do this or will it always suck?

2. There's a simple solution Stop using IE
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Negative. IE, besides the feeds, is accepted at every site and I'm tired of having to switch from one browser to anohter just for memory leaks an easier time.

4. What sites don't accept Firefox now?

And the memory leaks are fixed with 3.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Hey, bobobobob, are you going to answer my question or are you going to continue peddling FF to me?

If I wanted FF at home I would've fucking downloaded it by now.

6. IE sucks, Firefox/Opera/Safari or bust.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    IE, besides the feeds, is accepted at every site
    It's still begrudgingly half-assedly supported because dumbfucks like you won't upgrade to a web standards compliant browser. It is not accepted, and it stopped being the reference browser years ago.

Every competent web developer on the planet now makes their sites for Firefox, with some Mac dweebs making them for Safari (which renders almost exactly like Firefox anyway). Opera usually handles everything well enough. No one develops for or uses IE unless they're stuck in the '90s.

Tommy Tallarico

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

8. Your head must be stuffed way high into your bleeding cunt if you cannot see that IE7 is a huge leap from IE6.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Tallarico View Post
    It's still begrudgingly half-assedly supported because dumbfucks like you won't upgrade to a web standards compliant browser. It is not accepted, and it stopped being the reference browser years ago.

Every competent web developer on the planet now makes their sites for Firefox, with some Mac dweebs making them for Safari (which renders almost exactly like Firefox anyway). Opera usually handles everything well enough. No one develops for or uses IE unless they're stuck in the '90s.

Tommy Tallarico

The very fact you know this makes me think you need to hit some more butt and stop reading "MAC RULZ" or whatever else they put out.

But it does add to my theory of Awesome at TNL = Sucks at social life

10. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Your head must be stuffed way high into your bleeding cunt if you cannot see that IE7 is a huge leap from IE6.
    It absolutely is. It still needs to take about 20 more leaps.

Firefox 3 came out and was downloaded by over 8 million people in one day. Microsoft can't even get people to bother with getting IE7 even when it's forced on them through Windows Update. Your belief that IE is still the king is antiquated and uninformed, and everyone on the Internet fucking hates you for using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff View Post
    The very fact you know this makes me think you need to hit some more butt and stop reading "MAC RULZ" or whatever else they put out.
    Go fuck yourself. Why don't you drop some more knowledge on us again on how you know everything about hardware and how you were lead king shit for the 360's hardware and you know the guys that know what they're talking about when it comes to networking?

Tommy Tallarico

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico