Page 1 of 22 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Kick-Ass

1. Film Kick-Ass

The movie is set to go and the comic is still on-going.

Quote Originally Posted by SHH!
    Millar Says Kick-Ass is Ready to Go
    Source: roraz
    June 21, 2008

Comic Book Resources talked to Mark Millar, who said the adaptation of his and John Romita Jr.'s Kick-Ass will start filming on location in New York this August:

"The casting's all been done, and everything's all in line now with that. There's two big names attached, which I can't mention so we can get on the cover of 'Variety.' And now we've got everyone. The kids who show up at the end of issue #3 - we just cast the girl, and that was a really tricky one because we needed to find someone who could do martial arts stuff. So the whole movie's ready to role."

Wanted, based on Millar's graphic novel, hits theaters on Friday.

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. Is it going to be as accurate as Wanted looks to be?

Which means it's now a biopic about some wrestler?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. The comic just started and they're already doing a movie?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    The comic just started and they're already doing a movie?
    Yeah, it's amazing right?

I think Millar was pitching the story to Hollywood and they took it before Romita started drawing it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Millar was pitching the story to Hollywood and they took it before Romita started drawing it.
    this.

6. More Info ...

More Kick-Ass Updates
    Source: Jesse
    August 21, 2008

'Jesse' from BreaktheFourthWall.com alerted us that on Tuesday they got a chance to talk to Mark Millar, who revealed more details about Kick-Ass. Matthew Vaughn will direct the big screen adaptation of Millar and John Romita Jr.'s title, and last Friday Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Chloe Moretz were announced as co-stars:

Me and my friends run a blog and Tuesday Aug 19th one of our members got to do an audio interview with Mark Miller during one of his book tours for his new comic War Heroes.

Well during the interview he revealed a little bit more about the Kick-Ass film that was not previously announced.

Including:

That the main character of Dave Lizewski HAS been cast. This happened last week and he is an "unknown actor in America"

Shooting is going to start 3 weeks from now in London, Canada (double for New York) then back to London again.

You can listen to the full audio interview here!

7. I like the comic book so far. Hopefully the movie works. I think people would dig the movie and it's concept if they do it right.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

8. I don't know about the casting ... It might work.

Nicolas Cage Boards Vaughn's Kick-Ass

Nicolas Cage, Aaron Johnson and Lyndsy Fonseca are set to star in Kick-Ass, Matthew Vaughn's adaptation of the violent Mark Millar comic book, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Written by Millar and drawn by John Romita Jr., the Marvel Comics' Icon imprint book centers on a high school dweeb named Dave Lizewski who decides to become a superhero even though he has no athletic ability or coordination. Things change when he eventually runs into real bad guys with real weapons.

Johnson plays title character, while Fonseca plays the object of the teen's infatuation who believes Dave is gay. Cage is a former cop who wants to bring down a druglord and has trained his daughter (Chloe Moretz) to be a lethal weapon.

Christopher Mintz-Plasse is also in the cast.

A fall shoot in London and Toronto is planned.

9. Fuck's sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Quote Originally Posted by SHH!
    Aaron Johnson on Kick-Ass
    Sourceaily Mail September 2, 2008

Aaron Johnson talked to the Daily Mail about landing the title role in Matthew Vaughn's Kick-Ass adaptation.

Written by Mark Millar and drawn by John Romita Jr., the Marvel Comics' Icon imprint book centers on a high school dweeb named Dave Lizewski who decides to become a superhero even though he has no athletic ability or coordination. Things change when he eventually runs into real bad guys with real weapons.

On Tuesday, Aaron was having wardrobe tests out at Elstree film studios.

'Dave (Lizewski) is just an ordinary guy; he's not geeky, but he's not cool either.

'He gets his kicks dressing up in a makeshift super-hero outfit complete with Timberland boots.

'He goes out to try and find some crime to prevent and ends up getting the hell kicked out of him because, obviously, he's not a real super-hero.

'That's the thing about Kick-Ass,' Aaron explained. 'It's set in the real world and poor old Dave ends up in hospital.'

The article states that shooting starts on September 6 in London, then moves to Toronto, before returning to the U.K. for a further nine weeks of filming.