View Poll Results: What is the best mascot?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Entry 1

12 42.86%
  • Entry 2

4 14.29%
  • Entry 3

4 14.29%
  • Entry 4

1 3.57%
  • Entry 5

2 7.14%
  • Entry 6

3 10.71%
  • Entry 7

1 3.57%
  • Entry 8

0 0%
  • Entry 9

0 0%
  • Entry 10

1 3.57%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Logo Help! Contest ($325 prize)

1. At first I thought I thought the second one was AGH! ugly. But now I really dig it. The gun is impressive.

EDIT: updated OP
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 09 Jul 2008 at 06:53 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Yeah, I expected people to hate it but I really wanted to draw it. It was fun but made my hand hurt, and if I had the time tonight I'd make a smooth vector version which would make it look so much better. Oh well, another night.

3. Damn, those are all really good.

4. Guys, stop voting until I submit something!

5. And here i was hoping that your contribution to the thread meant that you submitted something. ):
    Donk

6. For sure, FF's first one.

7. FF, is it possible to have him hold up a revolver in his right hand in the background of 1, much like the 3rd one, without it jacking up the composition? Would that look good?

However you want to angle it, incorporate it, it's up to you. But without it is the only thing I have against it, considering the gun is part of the ploy. goat + gunslinger = goatslenger
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 18 Jul 2008 at 08:02 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    FF, is it possible to have him hold up a revolver in his right hand in the background of 1, much like the 3rd one, without it jacking up the composition? Would that look good?

However you want to angle it, incorporate it, it's up to you. But without it is the only thing I have against it, considering the gun is part of the ploy. goat + gunslinger = goatslenger
    I like the idea of him pointing it directly at the camera with his left hand.

9. I'm sure it can be worked in; it will sort-of change the shape of the whole thing, but let's see. I don't think anyone would doubt that he has a gun, and I was finding the incorporation a little awkward with the goat "hands" and not wanting to anthropomorphize it too much. Scourges idea is interesting, but how it's held is an issue again.

10. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox View Post
    Scourges idea is interesting, but how it's held is an issue again.
    I don't think you'd need to show the "hand" per se. The position of his left arm as is looks as though it's pointing toward the camera. A foreshortened revolver could be put in with little or no hand showing.