Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thread wiki

1. Thread wiki

I don't know if this is a possible option in VBulliten, but is there anyway to activate a thread wiki (ala slickdeals).

A user edited information post that generally follows the first post.

I know this has a lot of potential for abuse, but I was going through the Online Game Account List thread and thought about how nice it would be to not have to go through the entire thread (I know a small complaint, which really isn't that hard, but it just got me thinking).

It would also work well in game threads for important updates to that games developments or patches.

it may not even be possible, or even necessary, but it was just a thought.

3. No, I know about the tnl wiki...
    I mean a thread wiki...it's just post for highlights from a specific thread, that all users can modify,

4. Could you provide a link to illustrate?

5. here, you can draw this one.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Nice ears.

7. Links:
    http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...uid=0&t=855245
    http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...uid=0&t=854672

Look at the 2nd or 3rd post in each of those threads.
    Obviously this feature is more appropriate to sites like slickdelas since there are changes to prices, and ways to get those prices all the time. But there is no wiki in a thread until someone clicks the "create wiki" link in that thread. That way we don't have one if it's unnecessary for that specific topic.
    Last edited by OGcritic; 26 Jun 2008 at 05:44 PM.

8. Holy Shit! FREE JACK IN THE BOX TACOS! I even have to get gas and JITB is right on the corner! Thanks Criticom!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. pfft. NOT THE POINT!

p.s. you're welcome.

10. I honestly don't see a need for it here. The wacky people in our membership will have another tool to abuse (they just got the tags feature last month) and it will almost never be used for serious purposes, I bet. I'm not striking down the idea, however. If anyone can demonstrate that this would significantly add to the user experience, I'd consider it, but from what I've seen, it'll just needlessly add to the bloat of the vBulletin code.