Thread: No Paramount at This Year's Comic-Con

1. Film No Paramount at This Year's Comic-Con

Story.

Quote Originally Posted by LatinoReview
    According to a blog over at The Trades:

Paramount Pictures will not be putting on any panels or bringing any stars to Comic-Con this year. They may do some viral stuff. But their big "geek" titles G.I. Joe, J.J. Abrams' Star Trek, Michael Bay's Transformers 2 and M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender won't be released until 2009. Last year Paramount kicked off Iron Man at the Con, which played big there. "The timing was off this year," said one Paramount spokesman.

Well if this is true then Paramount is either smart or stupid. Let's see which:

Stupid: Buzz is generated off of conventions like this. Getting a bunch of nerds all excited about your upcoming features that won't be released for another year is how the movie world works now. Plus other studios will be there and showing off what they have coming up leaving you out in the cold.

Smart: The cost to go to Comic-Con just to show a trailer and have a Celeb answer questions to fanboys. Is it worth it? Think about the madness that was the old Electronic Entertainment Expo. Video game giants finally took a look at the books and said "Wait? Is this convention really worth the headache? The games will sell regardless of this convention." E3 is merely a shell of its former self and rumors are this will be its last year. Did Paramount simply say "Why spend the money?"

While it may suck for fans who want the info, you gotta admit, I'm gonna go with smart on this one. Just because Paramount doesn't show anything on Star Trek or G.I. Joe doesn't mean you still aren't going to see it when it's released.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. Who cares?

3. Nerds and geeks!