Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A New Adventure Island is Coming!

1. A New Adventure Island is Coming!

Quote Originally Posted by joystiq

It may be hard to believe, but it's been 13 years since the last Adventure Island game was released. ... OK, so maybe it's not that hard, the "dude riding a skateboard and collecting eggs" genre isn't exactly thriving. Undeterred, Hudson's Takahashi Meijin says that the company is going back to the well for another Adventure Island game, currently in the early stages of development.

Meijin said that the game will probably appear on WiiWare, but noted concern about trying to shoehorn motion control into the game, making him (we believe) the very first Wii developer to ever, ever worry about that. Congratulations, Takahashi!
    I never played the later installments, but I loved the Wonder Boy-style games.

2. wow. new/old megaman, new fighting game castlevania, and now a new adventure island game? what a crazy week. let's see some screens!

3. Let's get into another argument about 8-bit vs. 16-bit sprites!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    Let's get into another argument about 8-bit vs. 16-bit sprites!
    YES! WHO WANTS TO BEGIN THE INANITY!

5. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    WONDERBOY'S HEAD IS MORE KAWAII THAN MASTER HIGGINS
    Sarcastatruth!

6. He didn't collect eggs, he fucking punted them and feasted on their innards.

I'm going to go ahead and get my hopes up for this, because disappointment is a hurt that makes me feel alive. Buying Wii games is my version of cutting.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 27 Jun 2008 at 07:25 PM.

7. I hope it has dinosaurs

8. wagglesaurus
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

9. I could see them simply porting the GC/PS2 remake, shouldn't be a terrible stretch of the Wii memory. As long as it bears no resemblance to the SNES game I'm open to anything. *-neo