Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael Turner, Dead at 37.

1. What a shame, he never should've went back to get his hat.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Imagine a world in which every death is caused by rollercoaster decapitation.

A world called Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Totally unfair.

Given that he became popular around the same time Joe Mad, J. Scott Campbell, et al. did, he's one of the guys who not only had a distinct style dialed in, but substance to boot. Never was a big fan of Witchblade or Fathom in terms of plot but MAN...he was GREAT with drawing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Given that he became popular around the same time Joe Mad, J. Scott Campbell, et al. did, he's one of the guys who not only had a distinct style dialed in, but substance to boot.
    Bleh, I wouldn't say that at all. Not saying those guys are masters of the craft or anything, but they certainly displayed way more range and evolution of style than Turner.

But I digress, even though I've grown away from it, I really liked his stuff for a while, plus he was a cool guy by every account. It's a shame he had to go so soon.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 30 Jun 2008 at 01:40 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Bleh, I wouldn't say that at all. Not saying those guys are masters of the craft or anything, but they certainly displayed way more range and evolution of style than Turner.

But I digress, even though I've grown away from it, I really liked his stuff for a while, plus he was a cool guy by every account. It's a shame he had to go so soon.
    What stands out to me on Turner's stuff is he keeps his look in line with proper anatomy and such. Not to say you can't, but with a style like his it's a harder sell to tweak out anatomy too much. Campbell and Mad on the other hand did so, sometimes more successful (Mad) and other times notsomuch (Campbell). But Turner was pretty consistent overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Given that he became popular around the same time Joe Mad, J. Scott Campbell, et al. did, he's one of the guys who not only had a distinct style dialed in, but substance to boot. Never was a big fan of Witchblade or Fathom in terms of plot but MAN...he was GREAT with drawing!
    I really disagree with this and would say he was one of the most derivative artists ever. That Image comics style where they hide their shitty drawings with overdone computer coloring really cheeses me off. The Fathom drawing posted earlier is a case in point: hot babe in a certain pose (all these guys have one or two favorite poses for girls) with zero facial expression completely plastered with airbrushed photoshopped shit to hide that he doesn't know how to draw backgrounds. What a disaster. True draftsman like Bolland or Gibbons just need a pencil to make dynamite drawings.

...But yea, sucks that he died so young.

7. Michael Turner Dead at 37

Witchblade was one of the first comics I bought, along with Gen 13 and such. I lost interest a few years back, but the news on Michael Turners passing does sadden me, his stuff actually influenced me back in the days. RIP Mr. Turner.

welcome to last year, noob
    stfu

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    They'll probably just bring him back 8 issues later.
    LOL