Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help: Short Story

1. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    WTF Brisco PM me your story link please, I want to read and constructivize
    Just look at the corrected one. It's in my second post.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    I'll admit, there are times when I'm super disheartened. You sometimes wonder whether you've plateaued and can't get better. Whether you're the best you'll ever be.
    Usually when this happens it means you're on the verge of a breakthrough. It sucks doing a bunch of crappy work to get to the better stuff, but it's the only way.

3. Something new.

Edit: I've tweaked it slightly. Here's an updated version.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 13 Jan 2009 at 06:58 PM.

4. I'm early into it, but so far it's pretty good.

Only one thing struck me as odd, in the very beginning: why is Evan "swinging" from the ceiling? Unless his mom walked in moments after he completed the act, it would make more sense if he were perfectly still. And early morning is a very odd time to end one's life (feels more like a late day/evening sort of activity to me). Other than that little quibble, so far, so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

5. Quote Originally Posted by squall_vb View Post
    I'm early into it, but so far it's pretty good.

Only one thing struck me as odd, in the very beginning: why is Evan "swinging" from the ceiling? Unless his mom walked in moments after he completed the act, it would make more sense if he were perfectly still. And early morning is a very odd time to end one's life (feels more like a late day/evening sort of activity to me). Other than that little quibble, so far, so good.
    Thanks man! Yeah, committing suicide in the morning is odd, but it does happened. I know that personally.