Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 245678 LastLast

Thread: 3/4 Isometric View Action-Adventure Games

1. How does The Movie Monster Game (C64) hold up? http://www.lemon64.com/?mainurl=http...php%3Fid%3D159
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	movie_monster_game_01.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	138.0 KB 
ID:	37718  
    Last edited by YellerDog; 30 Jun 2008 at 02:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Two of my favorites:

The Immortal
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	250px-The_Immortal_cover_Genesis.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	37719

Still in awe that some of this stuff got past censors in the NES version. I like the Genesis version, myself.

Record of Lodoss War
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frontcover-small.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	37720

Lots of fun with this game, metal boots be damned One of the few reasons to still own a Dreamcast.

3. would boktai cout? or does the game have to have a jump button?

4. Quote Originally Posted by rama View Post
    would boktai cout? or does the game have to have a jump button?
    Definitely. It doesn't even have to be isometric:

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Alundra.
    See?

My favorites are Pop n' Music and TIE Fighter, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by bVork
    I really don't get the appeal of the Last Ninja series. The combat is clunky and the platforming is terrible. I don't know how many times I have drowned in a fucking river in LN1. The graphics and music are nice, but that's all the series really has going for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    I've tried to get into the Last Ninja games, but they do feel very clunky and difficult to me. I'm sure I could get over the hump, I'm not usually one to say games have aged too much, but I just haven't done it yet.
    They are clunky and difficult but not any moreso than Relentless. I never thought about it until now but I think those two series parallel a lot in their flaws and strengths.

They both have learning curves for their controls and both force you to make "fight or flight" decisions with regards to combat similar to survival horror games. Yet despite the awkwardness, they both have really fascinating worlds to explore. Individual elements like combat aren't impressive on their own but the overall packages work. Both could benefit from remakes with more accessible controls and design but they're still impressive as is if you're up for a challenge. I can picture newcomers loving or hating either of these series'.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellerdog
    How does The Movie Monster Game (C64) hold up?
    I thought it was one of Epyx's weaker games back in the day so I imagine it's not any better now. I'm surprised at how high that review score is.

6. That Movie Monster Game was pretty terrible even when it came out. Didn't stop me from playing it for far too long, though.

Also, Crusader: No Remorse/Regret are both awesome. Are they even possible to play in XP? I lost my discs ages ago so I haven't been able to try.

7. Crusader was for DOS, I believe. But I'm sure there are ways to jury-rig it.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    They are clunky and difficult but not any moreso than Relentless. I never thought about it until now but I think those two series parallel a lot in their flaws and strengths.
    But they're clunky in different ways. I generally cope better with early 3D games than old C64 stuff simply because I played a lot of early 3D games and I didn't own a C64 as a kid. It's more difficult for me to connect to those games. I CAN do it, but I have to commit to investing the time to it and I just haven't done it yet.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    WRONG!

edit: seriously this fucking caps filter is awful
    NO RIGHT!

Alundra was fun, Alundra 2 was horrendous.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. I'm not sure what he meant by caps filter but I think the WRONG! had to do with Alundra not being isometric. If it was a knock on Alundra's game play than Grave can go to hell.