Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/4 Isometric View Action-Adventure Games

1. Heimdall for Sega-CD?
    "with new weapons perceived some disquieting movement"

2. Crusader: No Remorse was great. So was Konami's Project Overkill on PS1.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    So was Konami's Project Overkill on PS1.
    haven't played it in years but i loved this back in the day.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Alundra
    WRONG!

edit: seriously this fucking caps filter is awful

I couldn't get into Project Overkill when I rented it back then. That's another one I should give another try to.

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned the Last Ninja series (I know xS and Biff are fans but they don't post anymore). Is it because people haven't played it or just because there's other stuff they like more?

Also, I recommend checking out the freeware Head Over Heels remake. The atmosphere is way different with all that colour but it retains most of the original's charm but with more advanced graphics. http://retrospec.sgn.net/games/hoh/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	headoverheelsremake.gif 
Views:	113 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	37710  

6. I think the graphics in HoH remake are pretty faithful to the Amiga version. Not in the sense that they look like them but they look like how I'd imagine them with more detail. It's a great little remake.

7. Altered Space.

I played the hell outta this game and I remember it routinely kicked me in the balls. Don't remember the music being so buzzy-fuzzy; must be the recording.

Seeing it in action now makes me cringe (and smile!) but I don't remember enough outside of nostalgia to make a value judgment.

8. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I couldn't get into Project Overkill when I rented it back then. That's another one I should give another try to.

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned the Last Ninja series (I know xS and Biff are fans but they don't post anymore). Is it because people haven't played it or just because there's other stuff they like more?
    I like Project Overkill alot, but never finished it.

I played a bad version of LN (NES), so that soured the series for me. I know I know, I should stick with the C64 one.

I really don't get the appeal of the Last Ninja series. The combat is clunky and the platforming is terrible. I don't know how many times I have drowned in a fucking river in LN1. The graphics and music are nice, but that's all the series really has going for it.

10. I've tried to get into the Last Ninja games, but they do feel very clunky and difficult to me. I'm sure I could get over the hump, I'm not usually one to say games have aged too much, but I just haven't done it yet.