Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4678

Thread: 3/4 Isometric View Action-Adventure Games

1. Yeah...just based on the fact you could "rotate" the camera around. I did like the universe of LS a bit more though.

2. That was a big help, true. Landstalker had some jumps that really sucked because you couldn't adjust the camera.

Isometric view for real men!

3. Dark Savior's art has held up better than I'd expect, much much better than any of Climax' later games. Sometimes wonder if they're too lazy to do the PSP Landstalker remake. *-neo

4. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Landstalker had some jumps that really sucked because you couldn't adjust the camera.
    Isometric view for real men!
    I took that as part of the challenge and adventure.
    Blindly leap to doom... lesson learned, don't do that again.

come to think of it, I don't recall any insta-deaths in Landstalker. At worst you just had to traverse up through the dungeon again if you missed a jump.

5. Yep, Landstalker gave you a fate worse than death: redoing the whole dungeon.

It wasn't too bad though, and the only part that ever gave me any trouble wasn't a dungeon at all; it was the fucking Sun Maze. I hate that thing.

6. You do mean Greenmaze where you have to find the Sun stone right? I thought that was pretty neat actually.

I thought the fact that you didn't die if you fell down a hole was great. It really forced you to think vertically in some of the situations too.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe View Post
    You do mean Greenmaze where you have to find the Sun stone right? I thought that was pretty neat actually.
    Yeah, that's the one! It was cool, but I found it to be one of the more challenging parts of the game.

8. ironically i think one could argue that super mario rpg could fit the qualifications

(except that it's an...rpg)

i'm amazed that i've played hardly any of these games being mentioned