Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody Here a Fan of Boxing?

1. I like Lenny Mclean.

2. I like boxing and I watch it on occasion.

Like most sports though, I much prefer to hit the pads and go a few rounds to watching it.

3. I used to be a boxing fan - until every decent fight was only viewable on PPV or on Friday/Saturday nights at 10 or later on HBO or Showtime.

It's too inaccessible to be a fan anymore and that's why it's dying.

4. MMA has thrived under a similarly inaccesible model, until recently that is when now you can watch WEC everynight on Versus if you have it.

Boxing has fallen because of the sad state of the heavyweight division and a lack of charismatic English speaking champions. Klitscho is not a draw and he's not even convincingly dominant. The lighter weight classes, however, are fantastic, but don't have that same broad mainstream appeal as the heavies. Boxing, otherwise, is more accessible than MMA.

5. Yeah, the inaccessible bit is true. Also, on what Gooch said, have you heard Pacquiao speak? I cant understand his english. I still need to decode it.

Good fighter though.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula, Castlevania SotN

My Blog

6. I'd LOVE to love boxing but it's:

A) Not on TV enough
    B) Has no recognizable organization
    C) Seems corrupt (I don't know: who's fighting who/when; what they stand to win; why I should care)
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

7. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    I used to be a boxing fan - until every decent fight was only viewable on PPV or on Friday/Saturday nights at 10 or later on HBO or Showtime.

It's too inaccessible to be a fan anymore and that's why it's dying.
    Yeah!

Showtime was the place to catch, up and coming fighters, and they'd have championship bouts as well. Now, it's nothing worth taking note of. PPV killed boxing for me.

8. The Meach,

Maybe you just don't care for the sport
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula, Castlevania SotN

My Blog

9. It not being on TV enough is because The Meach doesn't enjoy it. Sure.

10. Personally, I think boxing is beautiful, though I didn't care for the Klitschko fight this past weekend. I like boxing so I'll watch it; it doesn't have to sell itself to me.