Thread: 17 french Down - Too Many to Go

17 french Down - Too Many to Go

PARIS — The head of France's army has resigned following a weekend shooting at a military show that injured 17 when real bullets were used instead of blanks, the French presidency said Tuesday.

President Nicolas Sarkozy accepted Gen. Bruno Cuche's resignation, Sarkozy's office said.

The defense minister, meanwhile, suspended the use of blank munitions at military shows for the public.

Investigators are looking into Sunday's display of hostage-freeing techniques at the Laperrine military barracks in southern France. Sarkozy pledged "consequences" following the shooting.

Most of those injured were civilians, and three were children. Hospital officials said Monday that none of the injuries appeared life-threatening.

The soldier who fired the bullets was taken into custody. Montpellier Prosecutor Brice Robin said the shooting appeared to be unintentional.

"According to his early statements, it appears that he made a mistake while loading his gun," Robin said Monday. "This act was absolutely not premeditated; I want to be clear about this point."

Without waiting for the results of the judicial and military investigations, Defense Minister Herve Morin ordered the army chief of staff to prepare punishments for those responsible, the ministry said in a statement, without saying what the sanctions would be.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,374466,00.html

2. This news made me happy.

Viva LE FRANCE!

pieces of shit imo.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

3. Ah, satire. Didn't the French invent that?

4. I'm a cook.

I <3 the French.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. Ha ha! The French! Ha ha!

I've got no problem with the French actually. They're actually kind of ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Good thing this is on Fox News, otherwise I'd be concerned about people having been injured.

7. Its an AP story. It was posted on Fox News.

8. Everything on Fox News is a lie, even if there is a corresponding AP story. /backpedal

9. lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	225_backpedal.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	37833