Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrono Trigger DS

1. The original Chrono Trigger was great and so was Chrono Cross. I think it's kind of impossible to make a sequel to Chrono Trigger due to the time travel issue. But that game is probably one of the best RPGs I've ever played.

Chrono Cross was incredibly fun as well. I don't how Squaresoft didn't just make this in to a flagship series along with Final Fantasy but oh well. Judging by how lame Final Fantasy became around 8 - 11 I'm glad they didn't tamper.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. Looks like its going to be a straight port. Hopefully with new content someplace. My theory: they're using this as a cash on and to gauge interest for a sequel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ctds1.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	631.3 KB 
ID:	37975  
    Last edited by MarsKitten; 05 Jul 2008 at 07:26 PM.

3. My theory: Square's been de-testicled since the Final Fantasy: The Movie destroyed the company. The majority of the real talent behind Square left a long time ago, so the company can't really make anything new and good.

4. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    for example, short of testing it out with a friend of mine I don't know of a single person who actually put the multiplayer aspect of Secret of Mana to good use
    My best friend at the time and I played through the entire game co-op.

Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    This is really all you need
    Square back then was 10x the company they are now. Look at the variety of shit they put out back during the PS1 days. Shooters, RPGs, Action games, etc etc.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. CT still looks great over a decade later. None of the current 2D shit on DS comes anywhere close to that shot of Magus' castle.

6. This is actually really good news, I'm sure the sprites still look great on the DS.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Chrono Cross was incredibly fun as well. I don't how Squaresoft didn't just make this in to a flagship series along with Final Fantasy but oh well. Judging by how lame Final Fantasy became around 8 - 11 I'm glad they didn't tamper.
    how could they? wasn't the whole point of trigger that they got together the "dream team" of creators on that thing? people that worked on the dragon quest series, and final fantasy series had a hand in it.

8. They could form another dream team without inter-company dealings this time, couldn't they?

Oh, wait... Mistwalker...

9. Yeah and Xenosaga wasn't that hot either.

10. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    I'm pretty sure it wasn't. I stopped around then too, but I was using THE STRATEGY GUIDE®, so I knew how much followed and just didn't care enough.
    It was the final boss. That's the only thing that pissed me off about the game though. You spend hours and hours of playing not really knowing if you're making sense of the plot, but right before the end the game literally force-feeds all the important facts down your throat in the form of the CT crew just telling you the important stuff. The sad thing is nobody could possibly have pieced it together themselves because as someone said, CC was a critically unfinished game.