Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrono Trigger DS

1. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    Talk is it's an enhanced port, with a few extra features thrown in.
    this would be the only way id be ok with it. People asking for FFIII/IV treatment... blah. Dont fuck with perfection :x
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

2. If it's a port with new features, I'll get it. If it's a superdeforemed-characters-in-N64-quality-3D mockerymake like FFIV, DO NOT WANT.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

3. Quote Originally Posted by neoalphazero View Post
    DS 3D wouldn't do this justice, a straight port would probably be best.
    Bah! I'm perfectly content with what SE did with the Final Fantasy games in 3D on the DS and I'll happily take it again with Chrono Trigger.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

4. Quote Originally Posted by The Gas View Post
    If it's a port with new features, I'll get it. If it's a superdeforemed-characters-in-N64-quality-3D mockerymake like FFIV, DO NOT WANT.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LOLVader.jpg 
Views:	543 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	37858  
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

5. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    this would be the only way id be ok with it. People asking for FFIII/IV treatment... blah. Dont fuck with perfection :x

So $40 for same SNES code on a smaller piece of plastic is okay with you, but a full 3D overhaul with rerecorded music and a retranslated script is a no sale? What message are you sending the publishers?

Fuck, statements like that make me realize that we truly deserve all of the Wii Chicken Shoot/Carnival Games bullshit.

6. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    So $40 for same SNES code on a smaller piece of plastic is okay with you, but a full 3D overhaul with rerecorded music and a retranslated script is a no sale? What message are you sending the publishers?

Fuck, statements like that make me realize that we truly deserve all of the Wii Chicken Shoot/Carnival Games bullshit.
    I never said it was going to buy it, i just said id be ok with it.

I wont buy it at $40.

Clean up the sprites, higher res hell yeah

new music, yell yeah.

Dont animate them with crappy DS polys and touch screen gimmics when a PSP/XBLA/PSN/(hell EVEN wiiware) would serve a better medium to remake the damn thing.

7. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    PSP/XBLA/PSN/(hell EVEN wiiware) would serve a better medium to remake the damn thing.
    This is a point on which we can both agree.

8. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    a full 3D overhaul with rerecorded music and a retranslated script
    ...would be wonderful on hardware that could handle it on the level it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. I agree, but a port is even more insulting.

10. Not really. Consider the only other legal ways of obtaining it: SNES for ridiculous prices on ebay, or in Final Fantasy Chronicles on PSX with awful-ass load times.

A port with some bonuses is fine by me.