Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrono Trigger DS

1. Clean up the sprites, higher res hell yeah
    DS screens are still lower res than even the SNES.

Chrono Trigger was mostly cool, but I had some bad times at the end of it. I'm not going to play it again.

2. I'd buy this on it's name alone. Nothing Chrono has done me wrong since it began (although the PS1 game wasn't fantastic, it was still good). I would easily pay $40 for a straight port (CT on the go? FUCK yes), the same for an 'enhanced' version, maybe $10 less for a 3d remake. Either way, I'll buy this game.

And no I won't mod my PSP to run the original.

3. Hot sex.

I'll be getting both region releases of this.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Gotta say, I too am tired of ports. Even if they've got a few extra Doo-dads here and there, I'm just not really as impressed.
    Well... most of the time; Since I've finally become weak enough to buy a PSP, which was due in no small part to the fact that I fangasm at the words "Final Fantasy Tactics", I've been floored at the wonderful quality of the rerelease of the aformentioned game. That is a great exampled of a rerelease done right... save the fact that the Magic animations seem to be very slow for some odd reason.

I concur that XBLA or the PSP are better routes for a 3D release but I'm also fine with a 3D remake on the DS. I loved the FF3 3D remake, right down to it's cutesy Chibi-style models. I actually couldn't be thrilled more when I found out we were finally getting a reMAKE, not reRELEASE. I've also enjoyed my brief stint with Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker as I am a raving fan of Monster Raising Games, and found the 3D for that game quite up to my standards.

Long Story Short: The DS can do 3D games right, and I think it could do a Chrono Trigger Remake just fine.

5. I'd be more interested in this if I hadn't seen every single ending at least once, and a few twice, back in the SNES days. It was great but I've done it enough, call me when a worthy sequel hits.

James

6. If they can get the animated cutscenes from the PS1 to look good on this port, that would be great. Shoot, they were releasing episodes of cartoons on GBA so it shouldn't be a huge problem.
    tweet the wet sprocket

ultimate showdown

Meh. Wake me when EA realizes that it's sitting on the greatest RPG series ever and decides to remake Ultima IV.

8. Well the ds an handle fmvs pretty well, see intros for FF3,4