Thread: RealVNC and Vista Issue

1. RealVNC and Vista Issue

Just thought I would throw this in here in case it ever happens to you. I was experiencing a slight problem after upgrading our ISP in the Rochester area. RealVNC would connect just fine but when connected it would just show a black screen with a responsive cursor but nothing else... annoying!

Mr. Google stated it was a issue with the Aero theme in Vista that was preventing it from connecting properly, I turned it off but it didn't do the trick in my case. Finally I stumbled upon a trick where if you changed your MTU size on your routers to 1460 it would connect. Wala. That was the fix for me. Hope it helps if you ever experience the same prob.

2. so is the MTU issue related to just Vista or that's just your experience so far?

3. Just with Vista, my XP boxes connected just fine. It seems my VPN connection is a little speedier too.

I forgot what it was but some how auth. packets were getting fragmenting and then resent due to the MTU size. (Trying to figure out right now if this was the case and why).

4. i tunnelled into your mom and my pipe transmitted a load of jumbo frames with audible send/receive acks

5. No you didn't... she has a firewall dum dum.... and she is el33t.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Netwurked View Post
    No you didn't... she has a firewall dum dum.... and she is el33t.
    a firewall doesn't stop authorized packets

7. Quote Originally Posted by D_N_G View Post
    a firewall doesn't stop authorized packets

I'll make a ACL noob.