Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sherlock Holmes

1. Film Sherlock Holmes

And Will Ferrell as Watson.

Quote Originally Posted by AICN
    The Judd Apatow factory is gearing up a new Sony comedy about Sherlock Holmes scripted by Etan Cohen (“Tropic Thunder”).

The untitled project reteams “Talladega Nights” producer Apatow with stars Sacha Baron Cohen and Will Ferrell, who assay Holmes and sidekick Watson, respectively.

(You know what's a forgotten and hugely underrated Sherlock Holmes comedy? "Without A Clue," starring Michael Caine as Watson's idiot puppet. Ben Kingsley plays the genius physician who concocted the detective and it may represent the funniest role he's ever played.)

Read all of the Wednesday-morning Variety story on the Sony project here.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. Well I guess I'll have to rent Without a Clue then...

3. Never thought this day would come, but I was more excited about this before I saw Will Ferrell's name attached. I think Semi-pro killed it for me. Dude needs to take 2 years off, do a couple more "Stranger Than Fiction"s and a cameo here and there before he comes back and makes the same movie again. If Step Brothers is good I might change my mind, but I'm not excited to see that either.

Sasha as Holmes sounds great though.

4. Yeah Cohen as Holmes perked my ears then Will Ferrell came in and ruined everything. I can just imagine his shouty, hammy performance already.

5. That's why I did that. I'm not too hip on Will Ferrell as Watson.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

6. Ferrell killed my interest. He basically plays the same character in all his movies, and that shit needs to stay far away from Sherlock Holmes.

7. No shit Sherlock will be said in this movie.

8. DIG DEEPER WATSON!

9. Hehe, I like Cohen and Ferrell.

10. I lost interest when I read it as "A comdedy... Will Ferral"