Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Girl Talk - Feed the Animals

1. Girl Talk - Feed the Animals

Girl Talk - Feed The Animals

Awesome follow up album which is completely hyperactive awesome. Pay what you want.

Incomplete sample list.
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

2. $0.00

I'm not sure how I feel about him selling this. It's just mash-ups. It would be a fairly decent as a web radio/podcast-distributed thing, though, so... yeah.

A nice sandwich made with other people's peanut butter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. I paid $5 for this because I like this system, and I rather like Girl Talk.

4. Mashups are awesome, but they should not be sold.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Yeah, as much as I love Girl Talk (he does a pretty good live show), I probably wouldn't actually pay for one of his albums even though they're some of the most creative mashups around. If he used that much creativity doing other software/sampled music, I'd probably pony up a few bucks for it.
    EXCUSE ME, I'M IN NEED OF MEDICAL ATTENTION!

6. Girl Talk has great mashups but, I am not paying anything for this.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula, Castlevania SotN

My Blog

7. I gave five bucks. It's awesome. A lot better than his previous album, Night Ripper, and that was pretty good already.

He could come out with two of these mashup albums every year and I don't think I'd get tired of it. I put this one on rotation this past weekend at a party I hosted at my house and everyone loved it/was asking who it was/how to get it.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

8. So how does this work? Does he give royalty checks to everyone he sampled? I think he should. It's like somebody cut up the last 30 Now albums along with a bunch of other stuff in his collection and it all fell on the floor. So, he picked up some pieces and made one album from it.

I like it. But it's the musical equivalent of McDonald's. It's sounds great when you have a little of it. But a whole lot of it will make you sick.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    So how does this work? Does he give royalty checks to everyone he sampled? I think he should. It's like somebody cut up the last 30 Now albums along with a bunch of other stuff in his collection and it all fell on the floor. So, he picked up some pieces and made one album from it.

I like it. But it's the musical equivalent of McDonald's. It's sounds great when you have a little of it. But a whole lot of it will make you sick.
    Yeah, that's exactly it. You can listen to it, maybe, once all the way through by yourself. Beyond that, unless you put it on during a party or something, I can't see repeat listens. It's fun the first time though to see what he mashes up and how he does it.

As for how he does it...he says that the U.S. Fair Use Copyright law allows him to sample the music for free. I forgot the exact requirements, but I think if the sample used is under 30 seconds, and out of order from the original recording or something it's cool....I dunno the exact details.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

10. That's what I was thinking 30 sec, but couldn't find the law.

As a filmmaker I'm always worried about using copywrited shit and getting busted for it. So I was wondering how he got away with it.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt