Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Official iPhone/Touch games thead

1. Well, I think they've got Doom running on it anyway. A "Gauntlet" or "Diablo" would be fine.

Control isn't perfect yet, but look, it's the first time it's been tried. Better implimentation is coming not far down the road.

I don't see any reason something like, say, SNK/Capcom: Match of the Millenium NGPC wouldn't work alright.

also: the fuck you care for, anyway? http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...09&postcount=7
    Last edited by YellerDog; 10 Jul 2008 at 12:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Better implimentation is coming not far down the road.
    Don't get me wrong, I would love for this to work well. But that doom you showed would be unplayable, your fingers blocking out what your doing is pretty much the kiss of death. And tapping on the screen to fire also just wouldn't work. Maybe they will get it right, hopefully they will. I'm just not holding my breath on the matter.

But I could easily see a bitching RTS or civilization/sim city style of game for the system.

3. To get the controls working for Doom, they'd have to do a lot of rebuilding from the ground up, code-wise. Move the view screen to the top, give you more "finger room" at the bottom of the screen, work out a more ergonomic way to input the commands. Point is, it's entirely possible something playable might hit for that next year, hell, maybe in the next three months the way things move nowadays.

Saying "oh waah it doesn't work right now" is short sighted and silly, which is the standard response for this early-in-development stuff. Not saying just you, but "the internet".

4. Well we will see, one thing I do wonder about is how much space these games take up. The i-phone has a pathetic amount of memory, and if they take of a gig or two that could add up real fast.

5. I won't be a bit suprised if we're seeing a 30-60-whatever gig iPhone very soon.

Storage issues have a way of getting solved very quickly. Shit, I've got a thumb drive that does 2 gigs right now that cost less than $20. How much was a 256 meg drive just a few years ago?

6. I won't be a bit suprised if we're seeing a 30-60-whatever gig iPhone very soon
    Most likley at 500$, what does the 32 run now?

7. Its a crime the thing doesnt have an SD or Micro SD card slot.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

8. That's just an Apple thing, though. The other companies will catch up one of these days, I think.

This mobile shit is going to be a big part of where mass-market gaming ends up, so I'm facinated to watch how it's developing. I really expect PSP2 to have some cross-pollenation with the Sony Ericsson brand.

One console future with a billion different-spec mobile devices orbiting? Maaaaybe.

9. firmware is up as a direct link.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

10. I really expect PSP2 to have some cross-pollenation with the Sony Ericsson brand.
    it damn well better