Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL 4.0 Feedback

1. WOW. Now I see what bahn was talking about with the design. VERY strong. I like. It was Bacon's baby, right?
    Is there a forum version coming along?

There are a couple of nit-picky things I wanted to mention, but I don't want to get in the way of the celebration.

This site is also further proof that I need to get to learning Ajax.

2. I've got a healthy head start on you all.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    WOW. Now I see what bahn was talking about with the design. VERY strong. I like. It was Bacon's baby, right?
    Is there a forum version coming along?

There are a couple of nit-picky things I wanted to mention, but I don't want to get in the way of the celebration.

This site is also further proof that I need to get to learning Ajax.
    one word for you: jQuery

made my days WAY easier

edit: and yes there's some oddities here and there, they'll be getting fixed though so don't worry...

4. There are four new forum skins coming, including one based on the 4.0 site. Yes, Bacon is the visionary. All the people I mentioned in the original post deserve praise.

5. Like Nick says - there's still several more things ahead we'll be working on. (We're doing our own nitpicking internally much like Kojima nitpicked MGS4, lol). The biggest thing was to finally make that long-awaited "4" a reality.

(And yeah, this was Bacon's baby which with the help of k0da, got fleshed out into what you see now).

6. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    one word for you: jQuery

made my days WAY easier

edit: and yes there's some oddities here and there, they'll be getting fixed though so don't worry...
    Saw that thanks to JSView. Slick. That goes on the pile with Scriptaculous and Prototype, then.

Oh, I believe I forgot to mention: Good job, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by bahn
    (And yeah, this was Bacon's baby which with the help of k0da, got fleshed out into what you see now).
    It REALLY is slick. It keeps a traditional, TNL blue as a base and brings in the yellow to highlight the new. I'm also loving the thought of what can be done with the new version of the full logo. <3 Paula Scher text. Ooohh... it's just so damn slick.
    Last edited by ChaoofNee; 14 Jul 2008 at 02:13 AM.

7. having tooled around with both, jQuery > prototype fyi

8. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    having tooled around with both, jQuery > prototype fyi
    Noted.

From what I've been told, though, many companies actually LOOK for people that know Prototype, so I think it's better knowing both.

9. Congrats. Looks good. Except the logo. Not a fan. Otherwise looks really sharp.

10. The new design is very sharp. Great work, everyone involved.

Looking forward to the 4.0 skin. I think the new color scheme looks very good.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.