Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223234353637 LastLast

Thread: TNL 4.0 Feedback

1. I'm at work now, so I've been trying to fix this without going directly into .htaccess. If you get a chance, cka, could you review the file for the forums and figure out why the vanilla forum URL doesn't automatically redirect to the "www" version? You shouldn't be able to access a non-"www" page at all.

2. if I had to make an educated guess, I'd say you've got cookies for the-nextlevel.com AND www.the-nextlevel.com, which confuses the forums' automatic login stuff (especially if one has the forum information, but the other just has ad tracking variables or w/e)

^^ I'll look at that right now
    Last edited by cka; 24 Aug 2010 at 02:08 PM.

3. there, it should redirect to www if the url is just http://the-nextlevel.com now

4. Thank you.

5. b.scorecardresearch.com is making the blogs load up extremely slow for me.

6. I blocked some ads I think might be associated with that domain.

7. Close thread after posting is the worst option ever, I hate it.

8. So is the forum Search going to be improved at some point? Currently won't look back more than a couple years it seems. Apologies if this has already been covered (didn't read the whole thread).

9. reindexing all of the post would require me to take the forums offline for a few days

what's available took about 4-5 hours, and it only goes back about 2 years, so going back 8 will take what, 20 straight hours of indexing?

edit: not to mention there are other sites on this server that would feel a hit on performance if I waste days reindexing crappy posts from 2004-2005 on here
    Last edited by cka; 06 Sep 2010 at 12:37 AM. Reason: wrong maths lol