Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 313151617

Thread: The Official "Weird Al" Appreciation Thread

1. Who is Jason and why was he shit on so furiously in this thread?

I'm not a big Weird Al fan, though I respect he's kept his career going. I loved his cameo in 30 Rock.

Some class A wankster.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Al has general tried to do a 1:1 copy of a musician's sound, when the sound is a big part of their image. Example: Dare to be Stupid - Devo.

He didn't even try for that song. Thats a cranked modern Marshall. It has a completely different character from a over driven blues amp. Its the difference between metal and the blues.
    I guess you missed the interview (referring to dare to be stupid) where Mark Mothersbaugh said, "he did our sound the way we had always intended, and I hate him for that".

Guess what fuckers. Al is here to save the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbitron View Post
    I guess you missed the interview (referring to dare to be stupid) where Mark Mothersbaugh said, "he did our sound the way we had always intended, and I hate him for that".
    How did I miss it when 2009 me said he did a 1:1 copy of Devo's sound on Dare to be stupid?

6. BC is right, that tone in the White Stripes parody is all wrong.

7. lol, poor Jason. He just tried a little too hard to fit in, so we burned him at the stake then shoved the stake up his ass. We were such cunts when we we're younger.

8. I enjoyed the Polka Mix.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Fuckin' A right you did.