Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3131516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest Me NES Games: Nintendo Entertainment System

1. Fatal Fury Special is way better in the arcade.
    Still not thinking right? Then it isn't working.

2. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    Strider and Astyanax are way better in the arcade.
    Yeah, I like Strider NES, but that's just insanity. People let nostalgia get in the way sometimes.

I'm also a firm backer of arcade Ninja Gaiden over NES, but that's a trickier comparison and we've been over the fact that most people just didn't understand how arcade NG was meant to be played.

I'll never understand the Contra one either. Contra NES is impressively close to the original, but as far as improvements go, I don't think it was even trying.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bishamon View Post
    Fatal Fury Special is way better in the arcade.
    Good thing it came out on the NES, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I'm also a firm backer of arcade Ninja Gaiden over NES, but that's a trickier comparison and we've been over the fact that most people just didn't understand how arcade NG was meant to be played.
    I understand it just fine and prefer the NES game.

5. Oh, and 1942 is also far better in the arcade.
    Still not thinking right? Then it isn't working.

6. I think the NES Strider is better because it's much deeper and more varied than the arcade game. I prefer the different environments, upgradeable weapons, etc.

If you know how to play the coin-op, you can beat it quite quickly, where as the NES game offers much more play.

I'm curious why you prefer NES Astyanax. The NES game is really slow and clunky while the arcade game is nice and responsive, and looks better.

8. You know, you're right. Going back now and checking online, I had it confused with another game. Astynax is definitely better in the arcades.

I take that one back, but I stand by the others.

9. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I understand it just fine and prefer the NES game.
    Well that's why I also said it's a hard comparison. They're totally different games in totally different genres. What it boils down to for me is that the arcade one is a really exceptional and unique beat 'em up and the NES one is a good but very typical action platformer that does nothing different or special.

10. Grabbing dudes and flipping them and all the hanging tricks are a lot of fun, but, that quickly turns into the entire game and becomes less fun as time goes on.

Ninja Gaiden NES feels incredible when you've got it down enough to blast through the entire game. I like the memorization the later levels require, and the balls-hard last bosses.