Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51517181920 LastLast

Thread: Suggest Me NES Games: Nintendo Entertainment System

1. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    It didn't do much new gameplay-wise (although the wall climbing was uncommon for the time) but I do think NES Ninja Gaiden was special. It was the whole package of excellent control, art direction, and catchy music. I consider it a landmark game for cinemas as well. I don't think it was better than Shinobi overall but it was close; the faster pacing gave it its own feel.
    Karateka's cinema presentation was the first, though not quite as impressive as Ninja Gaiden's.

Last edited by gamevet; 25 Jul 2008 at 12:12 AM.

I never beat Karateka... I walked up to the girl after i beat the last boss, she kicked me, I died and was like "FUCK" and never played it ever again.

This was in 1987 or whatever and I can still remember how upsetting it was.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    Never played any version of Astyanax, but NES Strider > arcade.

Arcade Strider had wooden animation of the worst sort, controls that felt off because of the wooden animation, speed that somehow seemed too slow, sound like a 1st gen Genesis game (and NES music > Genesis/CPS1 music anyway), and difficulty and memorization of the not fun/frustrating type.
    the animation for arcade strider was cool. i mean...he did cartwheels and tumbled when he got hit and stuff. and i think the controls for BOTH games are off.

4. A Nightmare on Elm Street. Oh yeah, I just went there.

Seriously, I had so much fun with it as a co-op game. Stay the fuck away from Friday the 13th though.

5. you getting all this, Tain?

6. so i should basically just play dr jekyll mr hyde a bunch and call it a day right?

7. Othello
    Chessmaster
    Monopoly
    Donk

8. Spot (the 7up character) - this was a pretty fun "board game" game
    tweet the wet sprocket

ultimate showdown

9. Confirmed.

When you busted out the rollerskates on somebody, you owned their life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. After reading this thread, I got the urge to get some NES games too. I'm interested specifically in FC games that were better than their NES counterparts in some way, be it better graphics/audio (a la Castlevania III) or uncensored (a la Bionic Commando). Also interested in good stuff that never made it here (like Bio Miracle or Kid Dracula).

I hear Metal Storm is pretty good. Confirm?