Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batman: The Dark Knight

1. Batman: The Dark Knight

"It'll do ... till the Dark Knight comes out, then you're screwed. Christian Bale will kick your ass."

How prophetic were those words. Yeah we all knew it would be good, but THIS GOOD?

The hypetrain left the station and I am at the front cab, WHOOOP WHOOOP!

The writing to the acting was excellent. Each person delivered, it was more than a comic/superhero movie it truly was a great overall movie. I agree that you need to see it twice to fully comprehend the overall story. Its a multi-layered movie, more than you expect a typical summer movie to be. I mean Jesus the themes in this are the same damn thing in Batman RIP. He's being put through the ringer, by someone he doesn't quite understand. He thinks of leaving the business and he has to chose in doing something he never thought he'd do. I read everyone's take on it and I avoided the spoilers as best as I could, but I didn't really think I would be thrust into a world as complex as the current run of Batman by Grant Morrison. The music fit the film it wasn't anything to write home about, but it wasn't annoying either. It fit and always kept the tempo of the film, which is what it should do.

The fight scenes were better this time and I like the fact they pulled the camera back a bit. It still did the quick cuts, but it was less annoying and since it was pulled back. It seemed the overall flow of the fight lasted a bit longer. The Dance Club fight scene was the one scene where its still a bit annoying, but I think it was more because of the strobe lights.

Yes its foreshadowing and yes most people do it, but Nolan did foreshadowing so well and the way he contrasted day and night. Most of what The Joker did was during the day and at night Batman went on the attack. You could see that The Joker was creating Chaos for Batman. Does Bruce fore go his secret identity and attack The Joker then ... or wade it out and attack him at night as Batman. In certain cases he chose to involve the Bruce persona to protect the innocent during the day. There by blurring the line between Batman and Bruce ... another theme in Batman RIP.

This is by far one of the best movies I've seen this summer. Not to mention the best representation of The Batman and his nemesis The Joker ... ever. Iron Man is second best film this year, compared to this ... and I loved Iron Man.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	joker%20banner.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	381.7 KB 
ID:	38652   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	posterexclusivoomelete2.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	38653   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	posterexclusivoomelete4.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	38654   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	posterexclusivoomelete5.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	38655  

Last edited by Advocate; 21 Jul 2008 at 04:36 PM.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. Rate that sucker.

3. Movie of the year, hands down. I was especially impressed that they were able to give the Joker a motivation that was believable and deeper than simply seeking money and power in the criminal underworld, while at the same time being consistent with his established personality and methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. **I updated the review**
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

5. Batsmanguini Returns was the feel-good hit of the winter!

Quick run-down:

+The songs were excellent. They really brougnt you into the minds of the characters.
    +The animated segment was really wonderful, though too many rainbow effects perhaps.
    +Best pie fight in a film this year, possibly ever.

-You could see the Jokermen's moustache through his face makeup, though he was very good anyway.
    -I think a dog was injured in a scene, and I cannot get behind that.
    -The cooking scene came off as insincere.

A+ thumbs up!
    Last edited by YellerDog; 21 Jul 2008 at 04:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. This movie sucked! batman's voice was so annoying and joker looked like a twisted metal
    reject coming home from a insane clown posse concert
    Kneel before Kouthunas the Mighty!

7. Did your parents not let you go see it? How can you deny the excellence of the shark repellent scene?

This movie taught us that the noble dolphin is truly one of man's best friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. I thought this movie was entertaining (especially after getting used to Batmans shitty voice). I enjoyed the whole Harvey Dent into two-face transformation (it was executed well). The lead actress annoyed me a bit but didn't get in the way of my enjoying this film and the Joker was done well by Heath (Oscar worthy? maybe). I don't agree that it needs to be seen twice to fully understand it, I felt it was pretty self explanatory the first time around.
    Last edited by Jason; 30 Jul 2008 at 07:37 PM.

9. I loved it. Ledger was the Joker I've been aching to see in live action for years.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. It's awesome if you are not Josh or Yellerdog