Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thulsa Doom

1. Thulsa Doom

From SHH:
    Djimon Hounsou is Thulsa Doom
    Source: Variety
    July 21, 2008

Djimon Hounsou has partnered with Dynamite Entertainment to star in and produce a big screen feature about immortal sorcerer Thulsa Doom, a central figure in the Conan the Barbarian and Kull comic books, reports Variety.

The character will be featured in his own comic book series, published by Dynamite, an imprint of Dynamic Forces, next year.

He originally appeared in the Robert E. Howard pulp story "Delcardes' Cat," published in the 1930s.

Doom was portrayed by James Earl Jones in 1982's Conan the Barbarian.

The planned film will showcase the origins of the flawed hero and show how his road to hell was paved with good intentions.
    What an odd choice for a spinoff. At least this lays to rest that stupid speculation about Hounsou playing Conan. And hey, after being typecast as the hero's noble friend for so long, he deserves a chance in the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. ...whaaa?

And no James Earl Jones, no deal.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Maybe if we're lucky he'll narrate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. Ooh, that'd be nice.

Maybe he could even dub the guy playing him.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. This could actually be good if it stay in the Conan the Barbarian mindset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    STFU GTFO

6. Quote Originally Posted by Port View Post
    This could actually be good if it stay in the Conan the Barbarian mindset.
    Contemplate this...on the Tree of Woe.
    Time for a change

7. All I can say is that any man who can get one of his hot female followers to happily leap to her death for no reason at all is a man who can get his dick sucked wherever and whenever he wants.

8. I dunno dude. He had a kickass orgy going on and a hot princess to bone and all he wanted to do was turn into a snake for awhile.
    Time for a change

9. Hmm...point. Thulsa's a bit freaky in tha deaky.